Need some help..308

your 5r is an 11.25 twist. if your gun doesnt shoot varget its probably broken. that being said it doesnt provide the best velocity. if speed is your need look at rl15, imr 4064, cfe, mr2000 and imr 8208 all yield better velocities and some meter better than others. go to hodgdons website and see what your options are in their lineup. promise you will find something that shoots lights out in your 5r

Look at my thread a couple post's down.I am getting good result's with IMR 4895 42 grains 168 Sierra match 2.801OAL in a custom remington 308,but I have a 1 in 10 twist barrel.Get you a hornady overal length gage for seating depth and always go by your reloading manuals

Just curious, do you have the 20" or 24" barrel? Which stock and trigger? I had an early model 24" that I bought new. I did just a little work on it and it was too good to even enjoy shooting @ 100 yds.

I lost interest and sold it. I have a new 20" 5R 700 now myself, but I haven't spent any time with it yet.

Look at my thread a couple post's down.I am getting good result's with IMR 4895 42 grains 168 Sierra match 2.801OAL in a custom remington 308,but I have a 1 in 10 twist barrel.Get you a hornady overal length gage for seating depth and always go by your reloading manuals
I am also using winchester primers,but going to change to Federal 210 Match.

with 168gr you'll be hard pressed not to like imr or H4895 from 41.5 to 43 gr.. somewhere in there you find something your rifle loves....

if it doesn't then you have an issue with the rifle

once you get close then you can play with OAL and different primers..

Back
Top Bottom