• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need some 1911 advice / recommendations

JRolin

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
62   0
Reaction score
I finally got some bills taken care of so im going to give myself a present.

Looking for a 1911. I have never owned one. Guess its a good time.

Will be my everything gun. Carry, Truck, Night stand... etc.

The features im looking for...
4" barrel
Night sights
Aluminum frame
8+1 cap
Quality construction and fitment

Things I dont care about
Brand name
If its "pretty"
If its made in a third world country
----------------------------------------------

My price limit for this purchase is $1500 max.
Would like a brand and model recommendation.

Thanks for the help !

If you want a reliable gun, but dont care about the name, then go with the "ol faithfuls" out there and put the savings from others "dream guns" towards ammo.

If you stick with Kimber, Para, Springfield and even a Taurus (I have owned one and was great), you will be fine. The more expensive the gun is, does not make you shoot it any better unless your competing with it. Buy one in the $600 range and you can customize it for less or leave it the same and shoot it just as good as a high dollar gun.

Your call, everyone has an opinion, but after shooting just about every make, model and caliber of pistol out there, I have came to a conclusion that any reliable and affordable gun in the hand of a person who knows how to use it is just as good as reliable as one that is expensive.

Next time im home JRo ill swing by and let ya see/handle my Springfield Range Officer! It has all the nice match grade components without the extra do dads to jump the price over $1K However it does come with target sights so you'd have to add NS but all in all its an awesome weapon.

Since you said alloy frame and 4", my first choice would be a new Colt LW Commander. If you can find one, the Springfield Champion Operator is also an excellent choice.

Back
Top Bottom