• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need opinions of my ODT family on what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would inspect the gun myself. If the gun is still in the condition it was at the time of sale, I would refund all his money. You didn't mean to sell him a faulty gun...but you did. Take the opportunity to be honorable.

**edit**
I now understand that it is impossible for the gun to be returned to its original condition. I didn't read carefully enough. Apologies.

I would inspect the gun myself. If the gun is still in the condition it was at the time of sale, I would refund all his money. You didn't mean to sell him a faulty gun...but you did. Take the opportunity to be honorable.
It is impossible to be in the same condition as when I sold him the gun. The gun was shot ONCE by a previous collector and I never even inserted a bullet! Now it will have the turn line reducing the collector value and whatever damage was done shooting over 100 rounds at the range and continuing to replicate the issue and likely causing more damage by not stopping firing the gun the first time it happened and asking for the gun to be examined by a gunsmith..

When I buy a gun, I think it is reasonable to expect the gun to function properly. If you disclose to a buyer that the gun doesn't function properly, I think the as-is argument would apply. If you didn't disclose it, then there is reasonable expectation that it will function properly.

Your buyer has a reasonable expectation that the gun he purchased from you will function. It does not. It is honorable to stand behind it.

When I buy a gun, I think it is reasonable to expect the gun to function properly. If you disclose to a buyer that the gun doesn't function properly, I think the as-is argument would apply. If you didn't disclose it, then there is reasonable expectation that it will function properly.

Your buyer has a reasonable expectation that the gun he purchased from you will function. It does not. It is honorable to stand behind it.
I had no idea but it is why I offered to pay to have it fixed. Thank you for offering your opinion. I appreciate ALL of the points of views in an awkward situation.

It is impossible to be in the same condition as when I sold him the gun. The gun was shot ONCE by a previous collector and I never even inserted a bullet! Now it will have the turn line reducing the collector value and whatever damage was done shooting over 100 rounds at the range and continuing to replicate the issue and likely causing more damage by not stopping firing the gun the first time it happened and asking for the gun to be examined by a gunsmith..

If he has wrecked the value with use, then it is fair to assist with getting the gunsmith to service it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom