• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need opinions of my ODT family on what to do

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he has wrecked the value with use, then it is fair to assist with getting the gunsmith to service it
Are you for real? Gunsmith will do nothing to restore the value of the unfired gun. Buyer made the choice of firing the revolver and lowering its value.
Idiot kept firing the revolver after it had problems. Lowering its value even more.
That's stupid tax. He broke the gun, he fixes it.

When I buy a gun, I think it is reasonable to expect the gun to function properly. If you disclose to a buyer that the gun doesn't function properly, I think the as-is argument would apply. If you didn't disclose it, then there is reasonable expectation that it will function properly.

Your buyer has a reasonable expectation that the gun he purchased from you will function. It does not. It is honorable to stand behind it.
If I buy a USED gun from someone an have an issue with it they will never hear from me, because it's MY gun now. That's just how the used second hand market works.

I can't imagine asking someone for a refund like it was a retail purchase. I'd just feel like an asshat. Even if I thought they were dishonest about something, it doesn't really matter, if I inspected it, handed them cash for it, then the deal is over. We are hobbyist, not retailers.

Are you for real? Gunsmith will do nothing to restore the value of the unfired gun. Buyer made the choice of firing the revolver and lowering its value.
Idiot kept firing the revolver after it had problems. Lowering its value even more.
That's stupid tax. He broke the gun, he fixes it.
I did not mean that a gunsmith can restore it to its unused condition, Jaddak. Thats ridiculous. If the buyer has wrecked the value with use- which I understand he did- then the seller's offer to help with getting a gunsmith to return it to functional is more than fair.

Geez, dude!

I did not mean that a gunsmith can restore it to its unused condition, Jaddak. Thats ridiculous. If the buyer has wrecked the value with use- which I understand he did- then the seller's offer to help with getting a gunsmith to return it to functional is more than fair.

Geez, dude!
But how is it fair to help with gunsmith cost? Buyer kept shooting it after the 1st problem with a gun. You broke it, you bought (again).

Coulda bought a new one with a warranty. Why he bought a safe queen to go shoot up a bunch of ammo. I dunno.....prolly not much wrong. I had a guy complain about some rounds not going off. Told him to take off grips and tighten the screw on the spring. Yep...that did it. It was firing the ammo I had just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom