• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need advice / wisdom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Check out Anheuser Busch. With a biology degree you could work in QA. Starting pay will be above what you’re looking for. I work there, not in the Lab (QA), but I can tell you that the pay is good, benefits beats anyone around, and you get free beer!

So what is your cert that you have now? I work for an engineering firm as an environmental consultant. We hire folks with biology degrees all the time in this industry.

Not biology related but working in the movie industry is kinda interesting and can pay well. I had my CDL and joined the Teamster union (hard to get into tho) a lot of those guys are making $120,000 a year. A lot of movie industry jobs are union and days can run long but you can make double time after 12 hours, working on weekend ect
I have a good friend who works for the industry and Disney+ here in Georgia. Like you said, he makes good money but probably puts in over 80hrs a week. I've thought about asking him about getting into it, not sure the wife would be too happy about the hours though :argue:

Check out Anheuser Busch. With a biology degree you could work in QA. Starting pay will be above what you’re looking for. I work there, not in the Lab (QA), but I can tell you that the pay is good, benefits beats anyone around, and you get free beer!
haha now you're talkin my language! there's one right over there in Cartersville right?

Level 1A soil and erosion inspector from Georgia Water and Soil Commission
Gotcha. Makes sense why you want to try to find something else. If you have any interest in environmental consulting, shoot me a PM. I know of a few firms that are looking for scientists.

Level 1A soil and erosion inspector from Georgia Water and Soil Commission
I have the blue card .
What color is yours ?

Use that degree .

Lots of Enviromental companies are hiring.

Lemme check , one of my coworkers left the Enviromental company I work for to do some “sustainably studies “ or something , for another enviro company , at $105k , and 100% work at home on the computer.

I did the over the road 18 wheeler thing for a few years in between college and law school. It's not a lifestyle for a family man.

Have you thought about a career in law-enforcement? You're 32 years old and have a 4-year degree in one of the hard sciences. You could be an FBI agent.

Or, you could just apply to be a police officer or sheriff's deputy somewhere here in Georgia. Some counties might pay $40- $50,000 a year once you get certified.

I did the over the road 18 wheeler thing for a few years in between college and law school. It's not a lifestyle for a family man.

Have you thought about a career in law-enforcement? You're 32 years old and have a 4-year degree in one of the hard sciences. You could be an FBI agent.

Or, you could just apply to be a police officer or sheriff's deputy somewhere here in Georgia. Some counties might pay $40- $50,000 a year once you get certified.
The 18 wheeler Inspectors for the state are hiring big time .
It’s law enforcement and they work for the same department as the GSP , and get called in to the riots , or to assist with a chase , but other than that , there is no usually law enforcement crap to deal with .

They get an take home car and usually get assigned to a territory that’s near where they live .
Then go out five days a week and randomly pull over a commercial vehicle and do an inspection of either just the paperwork or sometimes do a full safety inspection measuring the brake lining , air pressure recharge time etc .

Game and fish is also hiring alot for game wardens .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom