• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a Photographer for Wedding

We paid a photographer and we had my step sister take some pictures. The ones my step sister took were honestly better. That said both books are in a box somewhere and we have not looked at them in 18 years and we have been married 20.

Tell them to enjoy the moment and ask folks to tag them and send them cell pics they take.

Dang, I feel so inadequate. We got married in MIL’s living room in front of family and friends, by a preacher named Rev. Outlaw.
Without a professional photographer or wedding planner involved.
And yet, we’re still together after 38 years.

I have a daughter that is about to do the JP thing until they can do a big fancy wedding. I am very worried it is going to end up costing us out the ass if she does.

Honestly, pics are pics. Some are good, some -meh. But the folks (guests) that take pics , will probably be just as good as the pro photographer. Not bashing pro photo peeps by any means.

If you are like us and most regular people, you wont give a crap after a year. You want them, no doubt. After a little while though, you can really care less but for a few of them you frame, etc.,
Like stated above, you will put them away and not look at them for 10yrs at a time, if that ! Lol !

Good luck on the wedding and new fam members ! :victorious:

The photographer at our wedding....

photography-facts-18.jpg

Ask me for a quote to provide the celebratory gunfire at this wedding!

(... but I'll need four days' notice if you want tracers. I need to buy some from a fellow ODT member.)

Remembering that day use to be a big priority years ago, my first marriage we went full blown gonzo... The only time I remember going through the wedding album was when one of the groomsmen or bridesmaids passed or sitting down with the ex and saying "we should have taken a vacation a year later with that cash.

Best wedding album I ever saw, the bride put disposable cameras at everyone's place setting at the rehearsal dinner and had those friends take pics up until the wedding, got all the cameras back after and had them developed. 100 monkeys with camera's at 32 shots each the odds were pretty good there would be some gems.

Good wedding photographers are part director, part artist and part counselor and the equipment cost to do it well is a big investment. Check out their portfolio if you are going to make the investment...

And congrats!

Back
Top Bottom