• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a Photographer for Wedding

My son is getting married in October this year. They shared with me what prices they have gotten for a Photographer. After I awoke from fainting I told them to let me search. 1000.00 for 6 hours and a roll or two of film seems exorbitant to me but it just seems high to me. If you know someone please pm me.
I’m a photographer, taking the photos is easy- editing takes time and that where the magic happens. Of course getting the shot takes the right eye but gear is quite expensive. Most pros will bring $10-15k in gear to shoot a wedding.

Yea 10-15k in gear.
3-5k In computer stuff at home
Lots of time editing after the fact

And if your a business well half of it is gone in taxes lol. So 6 hours of coverage with drive time can easily turn in 20 plus hours of work.

2000 is about 1300 after taxes and then your only getting paid what 50/hr which sounds great until you figured in all the fixed costs.

I’m really surprised we have as many photographers left, a lot have went out of business or only do it part time now.

$1000 is a steal. But you get what you pay for. Our company starts at $1800 and tops out around $6500, depending on the options chosen and amount of photographers/ videographers needed. It takes days to sort, catalog, and edit photos. Not to mention the time needed to edit videos.

1. Ask for a portfolio of the photographer's work.
2. Ask for references. CALL THOSE REFERENCES.
3. Solidify a price, then call around for lower quotes with the same options.
4. Go back and haggle the price. Ask for any discounts (most have at least one for military).
5. Book as far in advance a possible and setup a contract to pay it off every month.

My son is getting married in October this year. They shared with me what prices they have gotten for a Photographer. After I awoke from fainting I told them to let me search. 1000.00 for 6 hours and a roll or two of film seems exorbitant to me but it just seems high to me. If you know someone please pm me.
I'll send you a lady's information. She is awesome with weddings. She did ours and we couldn't have ask for anything better.

I’m still bitter about paying as much as we did for our wedding(2017) and we did everything cheap. I’ve never heard one person say that they were thankful they spent so much money on a wedding. Seems like everyone regrets it and wishes they would have just done a tiny one.

Our photographer was a hobbyist and he was $1600. Should have just done the disposable camera thing. Good luck on your search.

You get what you paid for...

If you're having the wedding at the backyard, then break out the iPhones and have everyone upload it to a google account. I wouldnt even do disposables. Everyone has a 4k camera on their phones now

If you're having the wedding at the Ritz Carlton, then pay the damn $1k and call it cheap.

It's all in perspectives...

Depending on the size of the wedding, you'll probably have a few people there who can take pretty good photo's. We opted out of a professional and just asked people who wanted to photo/video the event to feel free. We may not have gotten the professional polished look, but we had like 5000 photos and 3 different videos to look thru afterwards. And the photo's felt more personal since the people taking them also understood the dymanics of the people involved. It all really depends on what the bride wants. I got lucky.

Back
Top Bottom