• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Need a 45 ACP +p load

xtps don't have a cannelure

Dang sorry about that! It has admittedly been a while since i loadedthe xtp's I have been loading the ftx's in my 357/38 I load the LSWC and Gold dots on my forty five. My bad man. Just load them like the book says. As long as they feed in your pistol you're gtg.

Ps. The XTP's for auto cases don't have cannelure. Most XTP's do in fact have a cannelure just like the Ftx's. I just had a brain fart. Sorry!

Last edited:
so what's the highest powder charge of unique you all think i could go to stay in safe pressure levels for the specs i listed? someone was telling me there's a formula but if you go into the lee book there's a charge reduction formula but not an OAL formula
Unique 5.7 - 6.0 OAL 1.260 I have loaded and shot 5.7 and works great.

so i loaded 230 gr xtp with 6.5 gr unique at 1.2 OAL and from what i can tell it's right around +P pressures, got some Hornady +P factory stuff, and loaded em back to back, could not tell a difference.

The marine corps. is going back to 1911's in .45acp next year due to "cracked out" towel heads not dropping from 9mm. you figure a .45acp round is equivelant to being hit with a tire lug at 850fps. who needs hollow points. .45's do not shrink standard loads with fmj's work pretty darn well.

Back
Top Bottom