• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My first yote!

By the way - ya'll need any help killing yotes, just holler at me!! I'd love to come help take some out. :thumb:
We definitely weren't out there for Yotes, they just happened to be there hunting in the same area and time we were. I had my 3 pack of Yotes come by me about 5-8 minutes before Bear shot his.

man, look too much like a dog for me. i've killed a lot of critter in my day, but I just can't take a yote. maybe if it was a hazard to my kids or animals..

sidebar, who the hell hunts squirl with a shotgun haha. my bb gun in the back yard is lethal and is quit. if you want.. i have about 6 pecan trees. you can come here and have a beer and tryout your bb skills. it's a lot of fun. my german shep fetches them for me.

Your squirrels are tame, back yard critters. We hunt them in the wild where they are heavily preyed upon and they are much more difficult to get a shot at. Especially this time of year. I also try to let several of them get in range before killing any of them. After the first shot they are either hauling ass out of the area or heading for cover. Kill one that is running full out through the treetops with a BB gun and then talk to me. LOL!

Bear44 told me that it was a 40 lb yote. That is actually a pretty good size for a yote, especially a female. It looks small because he is 6'3" or 6'4". It would look way bigger if I was holding her. I am 5'7" lol.

She also had a good quality, but very short summer coat. She was definitely at least 40lbs and a mature female. The tarter on her teeth tells me she was at least three years old.

She also had a good quality, but very short summer coat. She was definitely at least 40lbs and a mature female. The tarter on her teeth tells me she was at least three years old.
Definitely a good take. You can go ahead and thank me for not killing the one I saw so you could kill that one... ;)

Back
Top Bottom