• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

My first yote!

man, look too much like a dog for me. i've killed a lot of critter in my day, but I just can't take a yote. maybe if it was a hazard to my kids or animals..

sidebar, who the hell hunts squirl with a shotgun haha. my bb gun in the back yard is lethal and is quit. if you want.. i have about 6 pecan trees. you can come here and have a beer and tryout your bb skills. it's a lot of fun. my german shep fetches them for me.

man, look too much like a dog for me. i've killed a lot of critter in my day, but I just can't take a yote. maybe if it was a hazard to my kids or animals..

sidebar, who the hell hunts squirl with a shotgun haha. my bb gun in the back yard is lethal and is quit. if you want.. i have about 6 pecan trees. you can come here and have a beer and tryout your bb skills. it's a lot of fun. my german shep fetches them for me.

Were it a native species, I would agree with you. Unfortunately, they are filling a niche left by the elimination of the Red Wolf. Regardless, they don't belong here and need to be controlled.

Looks good. Kill everyone you see, and it still won't put a dent in the population. They are almost as bad as hogs.

Oh and they do stink. The buzzards won't even touch a dead yote...

Turkey Vultures most certainly eat dead coyotes. Skunks and opossums eat em too.

Turkey Vultures most certainly eat dead coyotes. Skunks and opossums eat em too.

Maybe on National Geographic shows, but I have left them laying, and the vultures won't touch them. Same with dillos for that matter.

Actually though I think the reason they stay away dead yotes for the most part is because a yote will attack a vulture if it gets the chance. Out in an open field, I am guessing they would snack on a dead one.

Were it a native species, I would agree with you. Unfortunately, they are filling a niche left by the elimination of the Red Wolf. Regardless, they don't belong here and need to be controlled.

Is that why that one in the photo looks smaller than the ones I've seen round me?

Thank you for your service to petdom. We've had reports of coyotes around here, and I am prepared. But, my neighbor across the street warned me not to be shooting at any yotes over the next few days, because they are going to be using their coyote call to mess with the next door neighbors.

Is that why that one in the photo looks smaller than the ones I've seen round me?

Bear44 told me that it was a 40 lb yote. That is actually a pretty good size for a yote, especially a female. It looks small because he is 6'3" or 6'4". It would look way bigger if I was holding her. I am 5'7" lol.

Bear44 told me that it was a 40 lb yote. That is actually a pretty good size for a yote, especially a female. It looks small because he is 6'3" or 6'4". It would look way bigger if I was holding her. I am 5'7" lol.
Yep. And the one I had a clean shot at and passed on because I had a serious brain fart was bigger... :mad:

Back
Top Bottom