• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

My first try at a Get Home Bag

Where are the choke points and bottle necks on the route? Where are the shortcuts and possible hideouts, water sources? Where are the wide open fields that you are going to hate to cross, or the covered areas? Where do the dandelions grow (one of the most nutritional things on the planet, 988 nutritional density index), etc. At this point i would stress to you that you need knowledge of the route far more than you need to tweak your gear selection. You'll at least learn a great deal that will make further gear selection a more educated endeavor.

What i was trying to suggest was actually walking your intended route home. where are the locations that you can use your water key? where are gun shops along the way? i wouldn't go within 500 yds of them. which back yards have 3 big, territorial dogs? which backyards have little yappy dogs? Which backyards are foreclosed and have a cozy crawlspace? if you are going to wear subdued/dark clothing, where are the white fences/buildings that you don't want to silhouette against? yadda, yadda... i'd walk the route with a notepad, and a laser range finder. what if the most direct route isn't the safest route? would it make more sense to take 4 days to get home on a safer route? There's definitely going to be a few items that you end up leaving out of your bag. are there shops along the way where you can get them if you need them, pharmacy/hardware store?

Back
Top Bottom