Must see on Netflix...

yup apparently innocent until PROVEN guilty and beyond a RESONABLE doubt mean nothing anymore. Oh well I guess were lucky the police never make a mistake (or purposefully tamper) and court room trails are completely infallible.

When was he arrested for "exposing himself to her"? I thought he "answered the door with a towel on"? In either case, why would you go back there if you were her? You are drawing a huge conclusion based on this 'blocked number'. They are very common. People call me all the time from 'blocked numbers'. Not a single one has wanted to murder me.
There are far more things that do NOT add up than do add up to form a conviction and the only juror talking supports the side of "should not have been convicted".
I doubt your italics is what happened. More than likely she was murdered by someone (cop or not, doesn't matter) and when found local LEO said "had to be Avery. He embarassed us once, it's not happening again." They obviously were incompetent in their first erroneous prosecution what makes you think the same bad actors would suddenly change their ways?
There is NO DEFENSE for having the same cops being sued involved in the case and even less acceptance of them just 'happening' to find evidence after multiple searches by supposedly neutral parties. That entire case could not stink worse. I don't care how disgusting the entire clan is. Prosecute a clean case or don't prosecute. I expect criminals to be dirty. It's what they do. Sworn officers of the law being dirty are a special kind of disgusting. I can fight criminals that come after me. It's infinitely harder to fight corrupt LE.
Closing in on 200k signatures. For whatever that's worth (meaning nothing). https://www.change.org/p/president-of-the-united-states-free-steven-avery

Obviously I don't think what I put in italics is actually how it went down either, but I still have a hard time believing that EVERYONE on the entire police force would have put their careers, reputations, and livelihoods on the line by going with "he embarrassed us once, it's not happening again", without having enough pride, or empathy for the parents of that young girl to honestly attempt to solve the mystery of her murder.

Where is the outcry to find the "real" murderer if it wasn't Steve Avery. When something on this big of a scale goes down, and a significant number of people are involved in a cover-up, the entire thing turns into a pressure cooker which will eventually blow. If somebody involved in this whole mess knew something (on either side of the equation), it should have surfaced by now. I'm guessing nobody else's remains have been found on his property since he or his nephew were put in prison. I know that's a bit of a thin statement, but if I am the parents of that girl, that's good enough for me until they find someone better.

Obviously I don't think what I put in italics is actually how it went down either, but I still have a hard time believing that EVERYONE on the entire police force would have put their careers, reputations, and livelihoods on the line by going with "he embarrassed us once, it's not happening again", without having enough pride, or empathy for the parents of that young girl to honestly attempt to solve the mystery of her murder.

Where is the outcry to find the "real" murderer if it wasn't Steve Avery. When something on this big of a scale goes down, and a significant number of people are involved in a cover-up, the entire thing turns into a pressure cooker which will eventually blow. If somebody involved in this whole mess knew something (on either side of the equation), it should have surfaced by now. I'm guessing nobody else's remains have been found on his property since he or his nephew were put in prison. I know that's a bit of a thin statement, but if I am the parents of that girl, that's good enough for me until they find someone better.

I don't think the parents or brother wanted it to be anyone else. I think the conviction, right or wrong, makes them feel better about it.

It wouldn't take everyone. It would take one or two.
Do you honestly believe your last sentence? If so, then I can see why we have a serious differing view of the legitimacy of this conviction.

I don't think the parents or brother wanted it to be anyone else. I think the conviction, right or wrong, makes them feel better about it.

Maybe, at least short term. However, if they saw the same trial that the viewers of the Netflix special watched, I think they would be pissed and want some answers. This is another reason why I think there was a lot more evidence presented than what was offered by the filmmakers.

Maybe, at least short term. However, if they saw the same trial that the viewers of the Netflix special watched, I think they would be pissed and want some answers. This is another reason why I think there was a lot more evidence presented than what was offered by the filmmakers.
The family is hardly objective. Nor is the prosecution obviously. I wish the jurors would speak out but given the hoopla, I guess it's understandable they don't. Or maybe if they are so convinced they will come forward and say why.

It wouldn't take everyone. It would take one or two.
Do you honestly believe your last sentence? If so, then I can see why we have a serious differing view of the legitimacy of this conviction.

I don't think I meant it quite as harshly as you imply. I'm just saying that if everything they saw/heard in court (not what we saw from Netflix) convinced them at the time that the right guy(s) were convicted, than so be it. If the ENTIRE story was framed for them the same way it was for us (the TV viewers), they would probably be less than satisfied. If I were in their shoes, I guess I would feel happier that Avery and his nephew were locked up for now, considering what was available as evidence at the time.

The victim was quite strange herself. Who at 25 talks about being content to die because they had lived a full life? And who sits there taping themselves talking about how full of love they are? That's irrelevant, but she wasn't right. And I said parents before, I actually never saw parents. Either they were intentionally left out of the documentary or they were deceased or otherwise just not present.

I don't think I meant it quite as harshly as you imply. I'm just saying that if everything they saw/heard in court (not what we saw from Netflix) convinced them at the time that the right guy(s) were convicted, than so be it. If the ENTIRE story was framed for them the same way it was for us (the TV viewers), they would probably be less than satisfied. If I were in their shoes, I guess I would feel happier that Avery and his nephew were locked up for now, considering what was available as evidence at the time.
I won't speculate as to the family's mindset but objective I'm sure is not in the picture. Some victim's families are satisfied with anyone being convicted. Some are never satisfied no matter who is convicted.

Back
Top Bottom