Must see on Netflix...

searched netflix, don't see anything called hard time
According to IMDB it should still be on there. I couldn't sign into Netflix since I can't recall my password and m6 wife is already gone to bed. But its a good series and it may be available on the National Geographic site. It's definitely worth looking for. And as I said earlier every teenager should have to watch it.

I'm not a huge fan of documentaries but, if you haven't watched MAKING A MURDERER - I highly recommend it. Definitely makes you think twice regarding the justice system. I am definitely PRO-Police but just like any other facet of life there are crooked people there as well...SMDH...Just WOW!

View attachment 627689
A pox on your house for this post. My wife and I watched 5 straight episodes yesterday and at 1 a.m. were contemplating watching another!
I've got a bad feeling it's not going to end the way I want it to... because if it did, several people would be sentenced to a lifetime of beatings within an inch of their lives only to be allowed to heal up so they could endure it again. I wish it was 'unbelievable' but sadly, I guess it's not. What a world.... :tsk:

A pox on your house for this post. My wife and I watched 5 straight episodes yesterday and at 1 a.m. were contemplating watching another!
I've got a bad feeling it's not going to end the way I want it to... because if it did, several people would be sentenced to a lifetime of beatings within an inch of their lives only to be allowed to heal up so they could endure it again. I wish it was 'unbelievable' but sadly, I guess it's not. What a world.... :tsk:

I can assure you it didn't end the way the filmmakers wanted it to either, which is why they chose to slant this documentary to the advantage of the defense. From what I have read outside of this film, there was probably 80-90% of evidence which favored the prosecutions side that never made it into the film. The film was made in much the same way that CNN would report a shooting. They masked it like it was impartial, but steered the viewer exactly where they wanted to.

I can assure you it didn't end the way the filmmakers wanted it to either, which is why they chose to slant this documentary to the advantage of the defense. From what I have read outside of this film, there was probably 80-90% of evidence which favored the prosecutions side that never made it into the film. The film was made in much the same way that CNN would report a shooting. They masked it like it was impartial, but steered the viewer exactly where they wanted to.
Well I won't give away anything for those reading the thread that haven't seen it and I can tell there was some editing that excluded some things but what did make it in is indefensible. I'll read "the rest of the story" after we finish watching the series. Which may be tonight. :laugh:

Stumbled onto another good one last night - it is called "Winter on Fire" and is about Ukraines fight to overthrow that bastard Yanukovich. Really made me think at the end - I doubt we could ever come together in this country for such a cause.

mannn we just marathoned it and just got angrier and sadder and now i cant bring myself to finish it

Back
Top Bottom