• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

must have for SHTF with a newborn

No experience myself, but I asked a buddy and he said the following among some other stuff. Diapers, towels, rags, wipes & a whole bunch of shirts for you & the wife. My buddy advised getting a bunch of cheap shirts to wear when feeding. He got his from a few 2nd hand stores (goodwill, etc.). My advise, never stop asking questions, cause the only stupid question is the one you don't ask & still need an answer for. Good luck & best of health for all..!

Baby Formula, stuff is very expensive so dig for rebates and coupons. My wife had everything ready for breastfeeding, but it didn’t work out. Look of dehydrated milk.

This times a MILLION. My daughter is 15 months old. It's all fresh/still happening.

If it's a SHTF category, condensed and dehydrated milk for long term. Always keep my standard formula in hand then you need for a month, if not longer if you can.

Amazon has good prices on cloth diapers, get at least 8 for a SHTF, IMO.

Congrats!! diapers, father of five and that's about the only thing you can't live without, esp if your wife is breastfeeding. I'll parrot Allsmiles though, diaper rash ointment is a close second.

Diaper rash cream, tempra drops, pedialyte and baby powder. Something for thrush mouth if you can, blankets & more blankets, dozens of pacifiers and they better be what baby likes. CocaCola to mix with distilled water. Many extra bottles. Sleeping pills for mom & dad. One of those portable baby cages, I can't remember what they call it. Baby wipes.
When you get all that you might as well stay put even if shtf

Back
Top Bottom