• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Musclecars on the ODT.

EVILWS6

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
35   0
Reaction score
In the last 3-4 deals I've done on here I've met people with Musclecars. I was talking to some people last night and thought of putting a thread up here to see what every has and if we can get a mountain run(cruise) together. My friends and I usually get up and meet at a Waffle House and eat. Then we head out and hit the twisties for a few hours and usually end in Helen to grab beers and grub.
I'll start... 2002 Pontiac WS.6 M6.

i'm old. so there were no MUSCLECARS after 1972. lol

I agree except the being old part, late '60s to early '70s were the best muscle cars. Today's fiberglass/plastic cars with patches of metal on the are fast and look good but not a muscle car. OP has a good looking WS6 car tho :thumb:

i'm old. so there were no MUSCLECARS after 1972. lol

You mean 74,a few years after the rising fuel cost,higher insurance rates,and emissions equipment. Pontiac started the Musclecars with the 64 GTO and ended that era of them with the Super Duty(way before ford ever used those words for trucks) Firebirds. I really don't care for any of the cars made after 73 though.The older Musclecars have a certain style and nostalgic feelings you get, the current Musclecars don't have.
The current modern(fuel injection with electronic nannies) Musclecars didn't really start until around mid to late 80's imo. Though you may not consider them Musclecars,todays are still 2 doors with high(er) horsepower V8's which are a lot faster,efficient at making power, and can do more than go in a straight line. They're not as heavy as some of the older Musclecars,but the more recent examples are a lot heavier than they were 10 years ago.
The HP numbers back then were rated in gross(just an engine on a stand with no accessories),vs todays net HP rating too.

Last edited:
You mean 74,a few years after the rising fuel cost,higher insurance rates,and emissions equipment. Pontiac started the Musclecars with the 64 GTO and ended that era of them with the Super Duty(way before ford ever used those words for trucks) Firebirds. I really don't care for any of the cars made after 73 though.The older Musclecars have a certain style and nostalgic feelings you get, the current Musclecars don't have.
The current modern(fuel injection with electronic nannies) Musclecars didn't really start until around mid to late 80's imo. Though you may not consider them Musclecars,todays are still 2 doors with high(er) horsepower V8's which are a lot faster,efficient at making power, and can do more than go in a straight line. They're not as heavy as some of the older Musclecars,but the more recent examples are a lot heavier than they were 10 years ago.
The HP numbers back then were rated in gross(just an engine on a stand with no accessories),vs todays net HP rating too.

1972 was the last year. In 1973, the emission standards went into place for all vehicles. That is also when the manufacturers went to rear wheel hp ratings, so they could get around some of the rules.
The newer cars are great with all the advancements both in fuel delivery and suspension and creature comforts, but nothing beats putting your foot to the floor in a true musclecar with a big block under the hood (or in some cases sticking through it), and praying that you could keep it going straight!

Back
Top Bottom