Mountain House products on backorder!

mm30004

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
54   0
Reaction score
I placed an order yesterday for more Mountain House long term supplies...most of it was on backorder...I got a message from the supplier stating that the demand was greater than it's ever been and they would ship my order soon as possible. Folks, if you're wanting to stock up, maybe you need to order NOW! The closer we get to 2012, the greater the demand will be and there's no telling what it may cost! We've already seen this happen with guns & ammo! I can see it happening again!

I might sound like a dumbass here, but, what's so special about 2012? Except hopefully Obama will leave office, and take his tree huggin, commie, hipster friends with him.

I might sound like a dumbass here, but, what's so special about 2012? Except hopefully Obama will leave office, and take his tree huggin, commie, hipster friends with him.

Don't worry , it's just the end of time, the world and such. No need to stock up.. we will all be dead by 2013. So say the doom-sayers. Of course if you don't watch TV you get to miss the buildup.

Well, if you'll google solar flare activity, 2012, & NASA, and our past history with these storms, things may be a little clearer! I'm not saying that this will happen, but what if ???...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Who said the world was going to end ??? Not me! I'm just looking at possibilities...look what happened when we had a little snow! NO FOOD, NO FUEL, & some even had NO ELECTRICITY! They're calling for possible power problems with these storms. What's it going to hurt to have an extra can of beans, a few gallons of fuel, and maybe a few extra bullets...none of it will go to waste...if nothing else I'll have a well stocked hunting cabin! LOL!

Last edited:
Actually, there is a real threat of solar activity..nothing new, mind you, as these solar flares and super solar storms are a historical and scientific fact; but the last big solar storm was in the 1800s...the solar storm "cycle" is due around 2012.
These solar storms have the potential to act as giant EMPs (electro-magnetic pulses) that fry/short circuit electronics.
No, it will not burn people to a cinder or set the earth on fire but just imagine the chaos that a nationwide loss of power and communication would mean...
Nasa submitted a report on it...here's some coverage from Fox and CNN about it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_TzIUlaQok&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaDxwe8l3us&feature=related

Just 'cause we aint seen this stuff happen don't mean it can't. Perfect example: when we were kids we heard all kind of stuff about "tidal waves" but how many were reported in the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s?
Just in the last few years we've had the big thailand Tsunami and now the one that has devastated Japan.
It's better to be prepare two years before a disaster than a day after.
On a note concerning the original topic of this thread, several on line Mountain House dealers have posted notices that the mountain house products will not be available for the near future due to high demand. Check this out:
http://www.majorsurplus.com/Mountain-House-10-Can-Breakfasts-P15344C1974.aspx
Here's part of the notice on Mountain House' own website:
"Dear Valued Customers:
In response to the recent concern of FEMA purchasing Mountain House products:
FEMA posted the following RFI (Request for Information) on 1-20-2011. In the RFI, FEMA was asking for information for 14M/day for 10 days. They then withdrew the RFI on 1-27-11. The RFI is a request for information only. It is not an order. In addition, this RFI was never sent to Mountain House. This is to confirm that Mountain House is not supplying FEMA or any other Government agency with Mountain House #10 cans or pouches.
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) procures and stores pre-packaged commercial meals to support readiness capability for immediate distribution to disaster survivors routinely. The purpose of this Request for Information is to identify sources of supply for meals in support of disaster relief efforts based on a catastrophic disaster event within the New Madrid Fault System for a survivor population of 7M to be utilized for the sustainment of life during a 10-day period of operations.
As you know we have removed #10 cans from our website temporarily. The reason for this is sales of #10 cans have continued to increase. OFD is allocating as much production capacity as possible to this market segment, but we must maintain capacity for our other market segments as well."

It appears that while FEMA is not the reason for the run on the product, the fact that they are submitting RFIs and inquiring about production capacity BEYOND THE GOVERNMENT CONTRACTED FACTORIES CRANKING OUT MREs BY THE MILLIONS should make us all take note.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom