Motorcycle? What motorcycle?

You can get gear to protect your head, face, spine, shoulders, knees, elbows, hands, knees and feet. But you can't get anything to protect stupid.

I know it looks stupid as heck, but I wear a bright neon yellow construction worker shirt when I ride. May not be cool, but they can't say they didn't see a 300lb guy in a bright neon yellow shirt on a motorcycle.

Cage drivers scare the bejezus out of me.

If your going to ride get used to dodging the cagers, They are out to get you and they will always say " oh I didn't see the Motorcycle"
I had my accident in 2006 Lady turned left in front of me and told the officers that she THOUGHT she had enough room to make the turn. The witness sitting there waiting to turn out couldn't believe she attempted the turn in front of me. Luckily I was paying attention and locked up the Brakes and Avoided t-boning her.

Just Yesterday I had a Suv try to put me in the median, change lanes from the slow lane to the fast lane with no signal or even looking at the mirrors. Thankfully I saw it coming and was able to Brake hard enough to avoid being side swiped.

If you going to ride I don't care how Bright your shirt is,They are not going to see you so ride like your invisible!

What a coincidence. I just sold off my trusty Strom and am on the hunt for a thumper, probably the XR650L. However, that KTM 1090 Adventure sure looks sweet!

I love the XR but it's a TALL bike for someone like me at 5'6". The DR is set a bit lower and seems a little more friendly for 70mph bursts down the interstate.

That KTM does look sweet but I think it'd be like the Strom for me where it's just too big and pretty to want to risk it on real dirt.

I try to mention the course every chance I get to any one who will listen. Especially when someone is buying a new bike I mention it when they buy their helmet. I tell them if the learn one thing they use one time to save their hide it's worth it. I figure it's just adding tools to the tool box you may not use them everyday but if you mechanic long enough you find them handy.

loud pipes save lives brother

I've never heard a bike with loud pipes behind me, as a matter of fact I've only heard them when they're beside me or in front of me. If I was talking on the phone, texting, listening to the radio, or just not paying attention, your loud pipes wouldn't save you if I decided to cut over in front of you without paying attention. Now I'm all about hearing my motorcycle as much as anyone else, but I cringe when I hear or read those words "loud pipes save lives".

If loud pipes saves lives, imagine what learning to ride that thing will do for you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom