Motorcycle? What motorcycle?

07JKX

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
106   0
Reaction score
Yup... I just want to give full credit to the Motorcycle Safety Foundation and their Basic Rider Course. I just successfully used my first "swerve" to avoid a pickup truck with a pimply faced 16 year old behind the wheel.

I could have used an emergency brake... oh wait, no I couldnt, because the other teenager was on my ass behind me.

Old blue is quite nimble for a 24 year old. She did good.

Ride safe brothers!

shiny side up.2 kinds of riders those who have been down and those that are going down.Be safe out there cause the cagers dont give a rats ass about motorcycle people.

shiny side up.2 kinds of riders those who have been down and those that are going down.Be safe out there cause the cagers dont give a rats ass about motorcycle people.

that's what I hear... that's also why I gear up every time I ride.

I hope to keep my spills restricted to dirt as long as possible.

Yes, please gear up! Boots, gloves, armored jacket/pants, and please wear a full face helmet! A simple wipe out can be a minor embarrassment if you're ATGATT, or a total life-changer if you're just wearing a tank top and novelty "helmet."

I am currently bike-less; just sold my VStrom recently thinking I was going to jump on a smaller D/S like a DR650 or KLR, but just haven't made the leap.

Yep, glad it came out good...I've had to jump off the shoulder or go between cars more than a couple of times to keep from getting creamed by some dip**** that didn't see me on a bike! Keep on keeping on brother, and watch out for them because they don't always watch for you.... :)

I know some of the things I learned in that course have definately saved my life several times over, I just hate being reminded of them! Of course my drivers education instructor back in 1981 told me to "drive like every other person on the road is trying to hit you"! A little paraniod, but it works!

Yes, please gear up! Boots, gloves, armored jacket/pants, and please wear a full face helmet! A simple wipe out can be a minor embarrassment if you're ATGATT, or a total life-changer if you're just wearing a tank top and novelty "helmet."

I am currently bike-less; just sold my VStrom recently thinking I was going to jump on a smaller D/S like a DR650 or KLR, but just haven't made the leap.

hey brother... if you want to take my 2013 dr650 for a test ride, hit me up. Simple and crude, but a great gal none the less. She will making the TAT trip next year with me.

Back
Top Bottom