• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Motherfu***r, just had my first negligent discharge in my office of all places....

When I was 14 my dad was in Vietnam my mom and I lived in the swamps of Sneads Fla.. I was the first line of defense or so I thought. I shot into my wall with a 12 gauge pump shotgun with double 00 buck shot. On the other side of the wall was my mom’s closet, I killed ever-thing hanging in it. My mom thought I’d shot myself , when she found out I wasn’t dead she didn’t care about her cloths it scared the ever loving **** out of both of us.

truth. I'm a believer now. I really think I made three mistakes: 1) assuming the magazine was empty, 2) locking the slide back and looking at the chamber was the same thing as verifying no rounds, 3) pulling the trigger. I was very, very fortunate today. Going to have a side discussion with the instructor.
Glad you learned from it most of us have done it It's just who will admit it

63D55A6E-CFDF-4D8F-A85B-E91038EC2C07.jpeg
I've had more than one...BUT I will not admit it!!!
I’m at 3 all different situations
Here is my last 2015 300 ultra mag thru floorboard of f150 hit the main frame cut 48 wires on harness shattered and went into fuel tank 6800 dollars fix wiring was never right afterwards.
Reach in to take out of case in back seat it was supposed to be unloaded.

I’m at 3 all different situations
me too....i went 40 years without shooting my house...I must have gotten lazy....I tried to kill it 3 times in 20 years....AND I love my house!!!
as they all say....IT WASN'T MY FAULT....but...it always is....you are holding the gun....I can give you an excuse for EVERY time....BUT I was holding the gun...

ALWAYS place your trigger finger on the side of the frame unless you intend to discharge your weapon…. NEVER place your finger on the "bang-stick" unless you intend to discharge your weapon…. and needless to say, always point the muzzle in a "known safe" direction when clearing it! I don’t think one can EVER be "too careful" when handling firearms….

Glad the worst thing that happened is a brown spot in yer "tightie-whities"….

An' like my dad would say when I did something stupid as a kid…. "bet you'll never do THAT again, will ya?"

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They say the two scariest sounds in the world are the bang that should’ve been a click and the click that should’ve been a bang.

Glad you and your loved ones are okay and the lesson was relatively inexpensive to learn.
No, the scariest sound in the world is being in the middle of the Brazilian rainforest 100 miles from the nearest village and hearing four dull thuds on the forest floor right after someone from your team swung their machete too close to the next guy's hand.

First and foremost, nobody got hurt. I'm glad you owned up and told us all in order to help someone. That accounts for a lot. Glad it was at home, because you might have been fired or worse somewhere else. Hopefully you never let your guard down again

Back
Top Bottom