Milsurp Out of Battery discharge?

There are some questions I have.
1: did you pull the trigger then this happend or was it a trigger pull normal shot happend then on its own went off?
2: was the firing pin ok dirty bent or stuck?

Regular trigger pull, felt normal. I took the bolt apart, firing pin and spring function well....super clean and moves freely

Yes sir, love mine to death! Ohhhh..... I have 3 full boxes on clips also, might could use another 3 .... you know... to make an even half dozen lol!

I Love mine... we need to meet up for a Steyr M95 shoot!
IMG_20130412_142450_086.jpg
IMG_20130412_142523_278.jpg
IMG_20130412_142537_974.jpg

I don't think it was an out of battery discharge. My money is on case head separation. It doesn't just happen with reloads. Being an autoloader definitely allowed more of the gasses burning powder brass bits etc to come back at you but I'm more than a little certain that it's an ammo problem. Double check then Triple check the headspace but in the end I feel I already know what you'll find.

I don't think it was an out of battery discharge. My money is on case head separation. It doesn't just happen with reloads. Being an autoloader definitely allowed more of the gasses burning powder brass bits etc to come back at you but I'm more than a little certain that it's an ammo problem. Double check then Triple check the headspace but in the end I feel I already know what you'll find.

appreciate that thought....it seems like that's going to be the case (no pun intended). Shrek's gonna' double-check everything for me to make sure. I've been shooting milsurps for a long time, this is a first for me. I've had split cases and such but never one blown apart like that.

So here's the SITREP on the patient. I found several small issues that I 100% believe caused a perfect storm.

First I double checked the chamber, and head spacing. It was well within spec, I gave the chamber a once over to confirm nothing could have caused a feeding issue.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 15
When checking cycling a live round from magazine to chamber... Oh boy!!

I ha a significant primer strike from the rebound on the firing pin. My butt puckered. After some ogre-ization the rebound was eliminated. Test fired a metric ton of assorted rounds with zero mechanical failure, and still can't wipe the grin off my face from getting to shoot this awesome rifle!

** Note that there was still a slight poc mark on the primer similar to that from an AR but no where near as significant**

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom