Millet Scope

blazedawg87

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
198   0
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with the newer Millet scopes? Im looking at a 4-16-50 tactical mil dot for a .308 build. Can't decide between it and a Nikon Buckmaster

im in the same boat let me know what you find out

Man its tough. Im doing a budget long range build and cant decide between a Millet, Nikon, and Nikko Stirling. I have a Nikko on my .270 and its clear and hold zero good but have heard mixed reviews on their newer scopes. And i like the millets looks and features but don't want to buy an expensive tasco and it crap out on me.

Thats one reason i like the millet, a 4x power is perfect for ga but can still reach out there with the 16. The more i type to more i want it. But there was a Nikon monarch thats on here for 250 that i want to look at. But i do want a mil dot reticle so i can reach out and not have to completely re zero for hunting.

I've heard mixed reviews on them, only thing that stopped me from picking one up a while back, then I picked up an Acog and have no need for the DM scope. Vortex Viper line is another one I have heard great reviews on as well as enough issues to make me a little hesitant. One scope, and it might not fit your purpose but I'll throw it out there, is the SWFA SS. I have had experience with them and they are what they claim to be, might not be as refined as other but they do work, hold zero and have repeatable adjustments that are true, but again more of a tactical motif and not sure if that is your purpose.

I have 3 Millet scopes- 2 tactical and 1 DMS. The two tacticals I have on my FN 308 and FN 223 and DMS on my Sig 556. All scopes are fine for the money. Clarity is ok, not in the same league as Leopold or Bushnell Elite or better. Justifying spending $300+ or more on a Leopold or Bushnell Elite is tempting but I could not spend the additional $ since I maybe get to shoot long distance a few times a year. However shooting Chief's rifle with Nigthforce at Gun Site Hills is amazing as the clarity of seeing the target at 700 yards is perfect. If I shot more often I would spend more money on a scope. If you gonna shot often you may want to spend more on a better scope.

Good luck finding your scope.

Back
Top Bottom