• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.300 weatherby mag scope advice

ga.southern.eagle

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
8   0
Reaction score
Looking for opinions on a 1” tube scope for my .300 weatherby mag. I’m very partial to Leupold and think I want something in the 3-12x40-50 range. But I’d also love to not break the bank lol so I’m open to other brands. Any advice?

What’s your max price? Just curious, why not look at 30mm scopes?
honestly?….because I’ve got several sets of Leupold 1” rings lol. I’d like to stay south of $800 which I know is a lot to ask. But I’d be willing to go 30mm if you think there’s something out there better. I sure appreciate your help.

I’m sure most would agree- spend $50 on rings and go 30mm for light transmission. I’m an old fart and shoot a max of 500 yds, short for some guys here, and I need/like a max of 20x or so for hunting on my 300 WHBY’s and RUMS- but that’s just me. Take a look at Vortex, you can catch them on sale at Midway. Lots of experienced guys here that know more than me will chime in soon- that’s why I like this place.

I’m sure most would agree- spend $50 on rings and go 30mm for light transmission. I’m an old fart and shoot a max of 500 yds, short for some guys here, and I need/like a max of 20x or so for hunting on my 300 WHBY’s and RUMS- but that’s just me. Take a look at Vortex, you can catch them on sale at Midway. Lots of experienced guys here that know more than me will chime in soon- that’s why I like this place.
I have a couple of vortex scopes on an 308 and an 280 and my best pair of binocular. I love their glass but I’ve read some bad reviews regarding their recoil strength with harder kicking calibers. But I’d definitely be willing to go 30mm. I’d like a 4-12x50 or similar but if the eye relief allows I‘d like to go up to 20x.

Back
Top Bottom