• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Militias in NE Georgia

I think the Clinton administration did a pretty good job of demonizing the movement in the eyes of most Americans by associating them with the Skinheads, the KKK and radical religious groups. Not that it is the same thing, but I think the focus has shifted to the prepper and survivalist groups for a lot of people. But there will always be an underground movement if you look hard enough. Plenty of tactics schools out there, but if you go, you will be on the list...:spy:

Theres is a local group based out of cleveland ga called c.e.r.n. Citizens emergency response network, i think. I met a few members but i never went any further with it. This may be the group your looking for.

I still want to know what kind of "militia" the original poster wants, other than he clearly doesn't want a terrorist-training illegal militia that is already illegal under current law
(See O.C.G.A. 16-11-150 and 151 regarding training people to use exotic weapons or devices to participate in or assist others in committing a civil disorder, riot, or insurrection)
(See O.C.G.A. 38-2-277 regarding unauthorized military bodies or groups).

A year or two ago, there was a rally at the State Capitol in Atlanta that was mostly organized by a Georgia-based militia group, headed by a military vet who now runs a steel crane and erection company. (I hope that word gets through the smut and cuss filters here). His name was Bill Looman, but I forget the name of his militia group. They had a Facebook page.

They talked about getting government off our backs, respect the 2A, vague threats about ready for revolution if "they" (the government) pushes too far, but it was never clear how far is too far or when the trigger point would be. He did expect a lot of PEOPLE who work for the gov't to take the side of the people if the government itself got too abusive of people's rights and had to be overthrown so that a new gov't that respects liberty could come next.

I think the term "militia" can mean two things. One is an anti-government militia of people whose main purpose is to threaten the government in peacetime and fight them in the streets with guns and bombs and assassinations at some point in the future if these militia people don't get the kind of results they want through the normal political process.

The other kind of militia is a group of citizens loyal to their government and available to work with, not against, local law enforcement and National Guard troops. Or if not "work with them" then just take care of themselves and protect and serve their own little communities, which lightens the workload for the government agents. This kind of militia might serve in times of insurrection or invasion or out-of-control crime, but they are much more likely to be needed and used in economic disasters and weather-related disasters.

Last edited:
"Militia" as referred to in The Constitution is an armed citizenry capable of being conscripted in an emergency under the common law "posse comitatus". The founders had just fought a war with farmers using personal weaponry. In that sense, you are already a member of the world's largest militia.

If you are referring to a bunch of ****tards running around the woods in miss matched camo saluting each other, I can't help.

Last edited:
"Militia" as referred to in The Constitution is an armed citizenry capable of being conscripted in an emergency under the common law "posse comitatus". The founders had just fought a war with farmers using personal weaponry. In that sense, you are already a member of the world's largest militia.

If you are referring to a bunch of ****tards running around the woods in miss matched came saluting each other, I can't help.

:laugh:

If you are referring to a bunch of ****tards running around the woods in miss matched camo saluting each other, I can't help.

LOL at ****tards and their hodge podge cammo.

Back
Top Bottom