• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Metal Detecting Permission

Brent1967

Default rank <1250 posts
Everybody be cool YOU be cool
53   0
Reaction score
Hello ODT'ers,
My son and I have taken on the hobby of metal detecting and we really enjoy it, but he is getting bored with it because we only have two permissions to detect. He is 9 years old and always talking about finding a three ring Mini (Minie?) ball from the civil war. I would like to keep him interested in doing it because we bond over this hobby. So what im asking is if anyone here has some property historically signifigant or NOT willing to let a father and son team come and beep around we would be greatly appreciative and we take pride in leaving the ground better than we found it. I work Mon-Sat but i get off at 2:00 pm on saturdays and off sundays. Being i am so pressed for time i wont be able to drive terribly far but any and all permissions will be met with gratitude.

Thanks
Brent Burr

Wife and I were hiking with our little girl once day when she was 10. I picked my daughter up and put her on my back to cross a loose rocky area. That's the last time I remember picking her up. To that point she was still "little" then the next day she was a tweenager and too old to be picked up or kissed on the cheek in front of her friends. Hang on to them as long as possible, they grow up fast. My daughter still calls my wife "smother"

Wife and I were hiking with our little girl once day when she was 10. I picked my daughter up and put her on my back to cross a loose rocky area. That's the last time I remember picking her up. To that point she was still "little" then the next day she was a tweenager and too old to be picked up or kissed on the cheek in front of her friends. Hang on to them as long as possible, they grow up fast. My daughter still calls my wife "smother"
Ive heard similar stories from other guys and i dont want to look back and ask if i could have tried harder to be a better dad. He is my one and only child and he gets bored being a single child so i try to do as much as possible with him while he still wants to hang out with his lame old man. Because there will come a time when i wont be able to pay him to spend time with me.

My buddy and I do a bit of metal detecting as well. Although he’s been doing it for a while now, I’ve just started. Anyone in N. GA willing to allow us to detect on their land, please let me know. We also replace the dirt we disturb. Looking forward to learning much more about my new hobby.

This is one of my first finds. It may be junk to some, but it was pretty cool for me. It’s a 12GA shotgun shell manufactured between 1895-1905. Found it on my in-laws property in FL.
59C38E16-33AB-4B77-8AE1-B88F56012C38.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom