• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

M39's @ Classic Firearms

What does a M39 go for nowadays? I bought a Tikka made one when I was in college. I had no idea what it was, just that it was cheap and I thought it was a "cool old rifle". It was long enough ago that finding ammo was a little bit of a problem.

I paid $350 plus shipping which is about the going rate. Might be able to get a little more for the Tikka to the right buyer.

Wow. So I have been following the gunboards threads on these. What a racket for classic. Basically selling cracked stock M39's for $350. Most have looked terrible. i would be pissed. I dont care that they are historical. I want one that is not damaged. $250 seems more reasonable for sight unseen gunsmith specials, I say that because that's how J&G sells em if they are cracked. I bought a cracked one off ODT for $260.

I've been following as well. It seems to me like most of the Sakos ive seen have been bad, while the VKTs have been better. Mine will be here Monday. Fingers crossed.

Mine will be here today sometime.

Here is there response I've found:
""I've been asked to post here regarding if we are taking care of customers who received an M39 rifle that did not meet our advertised condition (see description tab on our M39 page). I have skimmed through the previous thread for the photos, etc, and frankly, I'm not sure how some of those rifles got out of my building. While we did advertise them as potentially having slight cracks, the ones posted in the previous thread were without a doubt beyond slight cracks. Not happy about it and trust me when I say it will be corrected. Like you guys, and given the fact we sold close to 1500 of these rifles, I'm hoping the nice rifle photos will be coming as more and more folks get their rifles. I was glad to see in the previous thread everyone who contacted us was being taken care as they should be, ie return shipping labels, etc, to make the return process as pain-free as possible.

So here is what we can do, if any of you receive, or have received, a rifle that did not meet the written description in our ad, we will...

1. Issue an RMA# and return shipping label for a refund if a refund is your preference.

or

2. Issue an RMA# and return shipping label for an exchange. Your exchange will be selected with great care. In fact, we will email you photos of the rifle being sent (if you make this request) as an exchange and get your approval before shipping out the replacement. No special requests for markings, dates, etc. This offer only applies to the M39 rifles.

or

3. If you paid a hand select fee and simply would like that fee refunded due to your rifle not meeting our description of hand for these rifles, email us and will will refund that hand select fee for you. Note the hand select fee was $20.00, not $45.00 as a couple folks have stated. $25.00 was for Sako and another $20.00 for hand select to get the $45.00 total.

For #1 and #2 above, we would only ask for photos to support the issue and warrant the paid shipping, etc. We have only issued 19 RMA#s so far (we sold close to 1500) and thus a relatively low percentage for surplus. The bad news is it appears 6 or 7 of those RMAs may have been from you guys here. Of course, in a perfect world, no RMAs would ever be issued.

I would like to add one suggestion. If you do not have a C&R license and thus must ship to an FFL, always inspect your rifle before accepting it from your FFL. This will help you avoid the FFL fee if the condition does not meet your expectations. If the FFL you have chosen not allow such, it would be prudent to use another one who does allow when ordering surplus arms.

Now, I hope about 30 of you will take me up on this offer. We are beginning the process of grading the 2nd truck load of M39s. We would be happy to have you at our warehouse to help to make it go faster and also give you the opportunity to see the overall quality/condition of the rifles. If a group of you would like to come to Classic Firearms this coming Tuesday or Wednesday (or both), I'll cover lunch and you will get to see and help grade every rifle. Do know I am serious and would be happy to have you. If you can coordinate putting a group together, call me to let me know which of those two days (or both days) you will be here. It will be fun and you will get to see some really cool stuff. No, you will not be able to hand pick yourself a rifle (assuming that question was coming). But you would be able to order one online that was marked handpicked by one of your very own members. Let me know by Monday morning if a group of you would like to come do so.

A quick note about me and why I'm never in forums. In addition to being really busy with work, I get to come home each evening to my wife and 4 kids ages 11, 12, 13 and 15. All four kids are active in sports, etc, in addition to having the usual load of homework. So I'm a taxi and tutor for most of my evenings. And somewhere in there, my wife and I try to find a little time together. After that, I often fall asleep in my recliner watching Sports Center. No free time. But I must say, I love it.

Bottom line for this post - We stand ready to take care of anyone not happy with their M39 rifle. We also stand ready to have a "sort/grade the M39s day" with the gunboards.com members.

I hope this helps with any concerns. This will be my only post here.

Sincerely,

Rick Jones
"""

Back
Top Bottom