• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

M39's @ Classic Firearms

Thinking the same thing. Someone got these when they were dirt cheap. Seems they have more coming too, as he said first shipment. Wish I had jumped sooner and scored a Sako. But Ive had a few VKTs and they were great.

Vic (one of the leading figures on Mosin type rifles) over on gun boards has said these were in "warehouse storage." Not sure if that means in Finland or stateside. But someone made a pretty penny on these.

If you do the math.....original owner maybe got them for under $100? Classic paid $250-$260 on the high end? Flip them all for $350 plus all the hand selects? Not bad....then they end up her for $425... Lol.

I thought the hand select fee was nuts, but I couldnt imagine having to box up every one of those guns, label them, and ship them.

Apparently these rifles came from the Pat Burns collection/stockpile. If you aren't familiar with her, she always had rare and hard to find rifles posted all the time. Crazy that she's had so many of these...estimated to have received the last 12,000 rifles shipped to the US from Finland. Former wholesale dealer turned collector.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom