• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Lost and Forgotten Cemeteries

there are several around the north Lamar, Monroe county line area.Dean RD @the county line,Potts Cemetry RD has a couple late 1700's-1800's era.Treadwell rd off hwy 42 south of Forsyth has a couple.go ride the back dirt roads in Lamar Monroe and north Bibb county and you'll find all you want.i'v been doing aerial mapping and surveying for 30 years and i'v ran across 100's, in some places with no roads and only a trail leading to them.i did the original survey for the doppler radar tower for the weather center in Peachtree city.the location was chosen and we went to do the survey and we started finding stones and shallow places in the ground.on further checking we discovered an old old old lost cemetry.

I've used MapCarta as a resource for finding historical sites in Georgia, including cemetaries.

Just doing a Google search and following a few leads can sometimes be interesting as well. There's some interesting History in gravesites and other old ruins in Georgia. For example, Google Dan Tucker's grave. That's a pretty interesting place, although a bit of a drive from Warner Robbins.

Az

Old slave grave yard on my farm, some large rocks make an above ground coffin(likely not a slave), special rocks at heads and toes, one is small enough it appears to be an infant. You can tell it was once growing land as the forrested area is terraced.

Back
Top Bottom