• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking For Private Outdoor Range Rental

Just go ahead and join Riverbend. It’s well worth the cash. The up front is steep… but $300 and change annually is a bargain for what you’re getting access to.
I’ve heard River Bend is very nice but I’ve heard the RO’s are a little overboard at times. Also heard they’re not much for the binary triggers. Now I have 0 experience at the range and everything I’m saying is 2nd hand. BTW I’m not against binary triggers but I do think there’s a time and place. Perhaps it was the user that caused the RO to say something to them.

I've been looking for the same thing as you, OP, for the exact same reasons. Clybel WMA was my goto for shooting 100yd groups, but that is closed for reno now (found out after the 1 hr drive). I'm in Smyrna and the best for long range "near" me is Talladega CMP, 1.5hrs away. The unknown distance range is scattered with steel targets out to ~700yards. I've also tried the competitions (indoor and outdoor) and that is a lot of fun, but would love a private area to play around with, mag dump, run drills, etc... I'd love to find a farmer or landowner that I could work out a deal with. I'm also considering buying my own land at this point but that is daunting. Good luck in your search!

1. Join a priveate gun club.
2. Buy your own land (everyone wants this this one reason why prices have 2x in 4 years.
3. Have family/friends with land, everyone used to have a neighbor, family with a 40 acre plot it seems, but them days are going away I think, due to the kids, and grandkids getting it and selling it off for subdivisions.

I usually shoot at state park outdoor ranges, occasionally at indoor ranges near me. The past few times I've gone to outdoor state park ranges, it's been packed. I want, and mean, to go on "off times" but I can only go when I can go if you know what I mean.

The last few times I've been to indoor ranges, I just haven't enjoyed it. It's alright and I accomplish what I want to usually but it's not the environment I'm looking for.

Do you guys have recommendations for where I can just be by myself and spend 2 hours shooting whatever style I see fit? I'm not concerned with price, I'll pay whatever that price is. I just want a solo spot where I won't offend anybody by trying out a new dumb binary trigger or shooting an AR10 with an aggressive muzzle brake. Somewhere that I can transition between rifle -> sidearm. I'm not looking to run-n-gun, race, or do anything out of the ordinary. I just want to be able to site in a couple new rifles, test a couple new pistols, shoot prone, try a few new optics etc. Even a 50 yard plot would work... I wouldn't mind trying 1,000 yard proficiencies but sighting in and short range practicing is all I need for now.

I know there are a couple private clubs up here that require a fist full of cash, 2 current member recommendations etc which I'll go through if I have to but I was just wondering if there's an alternative to that, at least in the immediate future.

I'm in Paulding County but I sincerely don't mind driving a 2-3 hours each way... I'm that into finding a solo outdoor lane to reserve.
I teach Jiu Jitsu for a self defense school that might be interested in renting their outdoor range to you. They have a training facility in Woodstock (where I teach Jiu Jitsu) and a private outdoor range up in Ball Ground, GA. Garret is the owner and he typically only does private lessons and small batch open enrollment classes up there, but you might be able to work out a deal if you contact him. My guess is he would charge you for a private and let you do your own thing (he will likely still have to be on location with you). It's not a very large range, but you can work transitions from primary to secondary and test all your items out. He may not be into using the binary trigger over and over again? Reach out to him and see what is available. Definitely mention you are not worried about price :)

I am not sure if it is still in existence but Pickens County Sportsman club had a good private range in n.Ga…. When my dad was alive we had membership . They send you a key each year when you pay dues. It used to be a decent little place. It was about an hr & half up there or so.

Not sure how they go about it now. I havent been a member in years. :(

I spent $600 improving and maintaining my 2 private ranges over the past 12 months. Having a safe place for the kids and myself is the primary benefit. It’s at least 24 hours of work annually and a couple hundred bucks to keep up a nice private setup with a 3 wall pistol pit and 2 ranges with steel targets. Having your own is the priciest by leaps and bounds. Is it worth it? For me now yes, if I didn’t live on the land- not a chance.

Good news.

I teach Jiu Jitsu for a self defense school that might be interested in renting their outdoor range to you. They have a training facility in Woodstock (where I teach Jiu Jitsu) and a private outdoor range up in Ball Ground, GA. Garret is the owner and he typically only does private lessons and small batch open enrollment classes up there, but you might be able to work out a deal if you contact him. My guess is he would charge you for a private and let you do your own thing (he will likely still have to be on location with you). It's not a very large range, but you can work transitions from primary to secondary and test all your items out. He may not be into using the binary trigger over and over again? Reach out to him and see what is available. Definitely mention you are not worried about price :)

Back
Top Bottom