• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking For Private Outdoor Range Rental

Spagett

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
Billion Dollar Director
83   0
Reaction score
I usually shoot at state park outdoor ranges, occasionally at indoor ranges near me. The past few times I've gone to outdoor state park ranges, it's been packed. I want, and mean, to go on "off times" but I can only go when I can go if you know what I mean.

The last few times I've been to indoor ranges, I just haven't enjoyed it. It's alright and I accomplish what I want to usually but it's not the environment I'm looking for.

Do you guys have recommendations for where I can just be by myself and spend 2 hours shooting whatever style I see fit? I'm not concerned with price, I'll pay whatever that price is. I just want a solo spot where I won't offend anybody by trying out a new dumb binary trigger or shooting an AR10 with an aggressive muzzle brake. Somewhere that I can transition between rifle -> sidearm. I'm not looking to run-n-gun, race, or do anything out of the ordinary. I just want to be able to site in a couple new rifles, test a couple new pistols, shoot prone, try a few new optics etc. Even a 50 yard plot would work... I wouldn't mind trying 1,000 yard proficiencies but sighting in and short range practicing is all I need for now.

I know there are a couple private clubs up here that require a fist full of cash, 2 current member recommendations etc which I'll go through if I have to but I was just wondering if there's an alternative to that, at least in the immediate future.

I'm in Paulding County but I sincerely don't mind driving a 2-3 hours each way... I'm that into finding a solo outdoor lane to reserve.

Check this deal out. Might be a good thing for you!!

Shieesh... that's interesting. I'm looking into it.

$50k initial capital + lease I'd have to look into + a lot more I'd have to research. Something I'm definitely spending free time doing, still looking for an outdoor private solution for my immediate needs. I appreciate the info.

Anyone have info on existing properties?

Just go ahead and join Riverbend. It’s well worth the cash. The up front is steep… but $300 and change annually is a bargain for what you’re getting access to.
Realistically, how does some idiot from this sight get 2 member sponsors to vouch for them? To clarify, I am the idiot.

All matches at River Bend are open to the public. Come shoot a couple of matches on Saturdays. After members see you are safe with a firearm they will be happy to sign your application. Calendar is on the website, RBGC.org.
Yep. This.

Go shoot their action pistol match and chat up the folks. You should have no issues getting a couple folks to sign for you.

or USPSA. Or IDPA. Or steel challenge. Or any of the half dozen or so different rifle matches they host. Something just about every weekend.

C’mon man, you don’t want the Range Officers to hassle you at the West Point outdoor shooting range? LOL, they can be a bit extra but they have rules to enforce...

I remember before that place had RO and it was WILD WILD! Cold range going hot with people out on the field checking targets and trashed field with construction debris used for target stands...

Back
Top Bottom