• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a good cooler for hunting

I just bought a 65qt Lifetime, for icing fish on my boat. It holds ice better than my Engel, Rtic, and Yeti. I was very surprised. Cost $150 on Amazon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was gifted a 75qt Yeti and it holds a quartered up deer no problem. 145qt is big enough for a boned out elk. For me, a 65qt is around the perfect size for most anything. Once you get over that, it becomes difficult length and weight wise to move around with one person.
I need a friend to gift me one lol. Good to know. Almost bought a 70qt igloo but held off cause wasn’t sure it would have enough room.

I got a Pelican cooler.
Three to five days ice depending on if it was prepped beforehand and sun exposure.
Won’t see me spending money for a overpriced yeti.
I’ve been happy with the pelican and it’s very stout.
Love my Pelican does just as good as Yeti just less $$$. Home Depot runs online specials for Pelican.

I purchased a pelican several years ago. I believe it a 50qt green Monster, lifetime warranty..I like the latches better than the rubber ones on others..I have both a stainless steel tray and basket as well..I was surprised that it is half as heavy as comparable manufactures..It's bullet proof and keep thing cold a long time..

I've had one for years, since they used to be called Brute. Works great.
I bought one because of this!

March 13, 2018

It’s more than just a patriotic shout-out or a catchy phrase we like to throw around at parties so people will like us. Bison is proud to produce American-made coolers. Have you ever wondered what we mean by that?

To give you a better idea of the depth of our commitment to made in the USA coolers, follow us on a journey from plastic pellets to the coolers you know and love and every stage in between.

ROTOMOLDED COOLERS MADE IN AMERICA​

Components of our hard coolers come from various vendors in the United States. Without getting too technical (or giving away any trade secrets), walk with us step by step through the process.

The tiny plastic pellets we melt and mold are purchased from a vendor on the West Coast.

The mold in which those pellets are poured at the beginning of our rotomolding process is also made in the USA (our engineering; their production).

The oven that melts the plastic and rotates the mold is located in a production plant in the Rocky Mountains.

Then we pressure inject our proprietary foam to serve as insulation in the coolers. Because the foam is injected at such a high pressure, it can bend a 3/8” steel plates so we use thicker steel to hold the cooler in place to ensure the foam reaches every nook and cranny. The foam itself is sourced from a domestic supplier, too.

Rubber for the feet, latches, and gaskets comes from the Pacific Northwest. So does the hinge rod for the lid. The drain plugs are the product of the Midwest. And our heavy-duty rope handles are made of rope from a 100-year old rope manufacturer with third-generation employees on the East Coast.

Every piece of the process, every step of the way, it’s American made.

THAT’S what we mean when we say made in America coolers.

Reactions: GFB
Back
Top Bottom