• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a good cooler for hunting

thendricks

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
110   0
Reaction score
So one of the goals this year was to get a really good cooler. Looking for the Roto mold that has their 8 to 10 day ice retention. Just curious which ones you guys use and like.

I got a Pelican cooler.
Three to five days ice depending on if it was prepped beforehand and sun exposure.
Won’t see me spending money for a overpriced yeti.
I’ve been happy with the pelican and it’s very stout.

I got a Pelican cooler.
Three to five days ice depending on if it was prepped beforehand and sun exposure.
Won’t see me spending money for a overpriced yeti.
I’ve been happy with the pelican and it’s very stout.
Agreed the yeti’s are way over priced. Looking Rtic right now. I’ll check out pelican

I really like my rtic. Just went through hurricane ida. It kept our steaks frozen for 7 days. That's when we got electricity back.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I really like my rtic. Just went through hurricane ida. It kept our steaks frozen for 7 days. That's when we got electricity back.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
That’s the one I’m looking at going with. Because I’m warning one big enough to put a deer in for hunting trips. Looks like they have one that will work for 500 for a 145qt.

That’s the one I’m looking at going with. Because I’m warning one big enough to put a deer in for hunting trips. Looks like they have one that will work for 500 for a 145qt.

I was gifted a 75qt Yeti and it holds a quartered up deer no problem. 145qt is big enough for a boned out elk. For me, a 65qt is around the perfect size for most anything. Once you get over that, it becomes difficult length and weight wise to move around with one person.

I have an ORCA cooler that has proven itself over the years. Modern day Coleman coolers are impossible to beat for the money and general purpose average use.

Back
Top Bottom