• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a career change

That's the truth of it. Went to their website today and only openings I found were credit service reps in Suwanee but followed the warehouse resume link and will probably go by there tomorrow. Submitted a few other resumes to leads you guys have given.

Appreciate all y'all's help since some of what I've submitted resumes and apps for aren't on your typical job boards.

The Kubota job would be through Axiom staffing. I'm not sure if you can apply online or not but you can apply at the Gainesville plant. I can get you the address or you can Google it.

If you don't mind travel and can do industrial equipment sales Robert Reiser company us looking for a sales person in the south east. Six figure potential.

Individual business websites. Job boards put you up against hundreds or even thousands of applicants. Often, companies offer jobs on their own boards to keep from having to deal with all the resumes. Make sure your resume and cover letters are current, brief, error free, tailored to the individual business and directed to the right individual, not just to the hiring manager. Go to your library and read everything current you can find. There's a bunch of crap, but see what works for you. Don't copy the resume's from the books.

I'm hoping! Feel pretty good about an interview earlier that I feel may be a nice fit. Best job I've looked at so far that I feel is a mutually good fit!

Keeping my fingers crossed that it comes through!

Update:

After three interviews last week with "your the first interviewee" or " were three weeks out from hiring", I went to Athens on Saturday during the game to go drop an app off with a dealership. Left with a "glad to have you here!" From the GM. Background was sent yesterday and to final offer at 5:45. Have to swing by there tomorrow to take a drug test and wait 24 hours.

Got a decent pay rate considering, off by 6 everyday, off every Sunday and rotating Saturdays. MORE than I was hoping for in reality...

Looks like I'm starting Thursday according to them.

I CANNOT express enough gratitude for you guys on here that sent me leads. You are all great and part of what makes this site awesome!

Congrats and good luck with the new job!! And if the former manager really did do what he said, that is a violation of federal labor laws and if you really really wanted to pursue it you could really really mess his day and the company's day, just sayin'. I know it is hard in the "overqualified thanks for your time" boat. My wife is in it. Again, congratulations and enjoy your new job!!

Know all the above on labor laws...GF's dad is a very good lawyer but wasn't worth it.

The irony is that I actually got hired by the original company that got me canned...just the other location and a better position and schedule.

Loving it so far. Guess maybe a blessing in disguise.

Congrats and good luck with the new job!! And if the former manager really did do what he said, that is a violation of federal labor laws and if you really really wanted to pursue it you could really really mess his day and the company's day, just sayin'. I know it is hard in the "overqualified thanks for your time" boat. My wife is in it. Again, congratulations and enjoy your new job!!

I would make it my mission to ruin that guy if it went down the way you claim. Congrats on the new job.

Back
Top Bottom