• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a ak builder

I'm not gonna bring a gun back to a builder for his end of the work as I've stated previously I have the knowledge to build I just dint have the tooling

Many shops aren’t willing to do a partial build, and I don’t blame them. I’ve seen it myself out of my shop.

Pro does a partial build. Novice takes it home and finishes it. Gun doesn’t run. Novice brings it back to the pro and blames his work.

A lot of professionals who are proud of their work want to control the entire process.
This ^^ 100%.

I charge 600 for basic ak builds, I think that is more then fair and probably should charge more. You don't buy kits to have built to save money, you buy a kit to have a gun built exactly how you want it or to have something that's not available as a production rifle.

Sell the kits and buy a palmetto.

This ^^ 100%.

I charge 600 for basic ak builds, I think that is more then fair and probably should charge more. You don't buy kits to have built to save money, you buy a kit to have a gun built exactly how you want it or to have something that's not available as a production rifle.

Sell the kits and buy a palmetto.

This.

No one here said the OP can't find to build AK's for less, but what we are saying is that you get what you pay for.

You want a cheap AK, buy a cheap AK.

My krink build ran about $750.....4 years ago and I supplied a demilled parts kit and waited for 18 months to have it done. I got a steal.

For $600 you could buy a press and a rivet gun and roll your own.

I have a romanian underfolder parts kit and a hungarian md65 parts kit that im looking for a builder or to learn how to build myself
Any suggestions would be appreciated trying to spend around 600 to 700 per build if possible

If you're willing to send it off, look up Black Bush Armory, they've done some real nice work for me very reasonable, I've posted a thread on ODT about them.

If staying local, I think Hood886 Hood886 and maybe some others may be of help
I've spoken with hood before he's just a bit out of my price range on the builds anyone else local?

Back
Top Bottom