• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Looking for a ak builder

I'm not asking for a complete build i need a barrel pressed and headpsaced and the trunions riveted im not gonna pay 600 dollars for that

I’m aware of what you are looking for. You’ve spelled it out already.

With that in mind, I’ll repeat myself; your expectations are unreasonable.

You make it sound like such a simple task, but you don’t have the knowledge, skills, or equipment to do it yourself.

You’re not gonna pay $600 for that. I’ll re-write that for you; “You’re not gonna get it done for $600, AND have it be a solid, Russian-quality job”.

I'm not asking for a complete build i need a barrel pressed and headpsaced and the trunions riveted im not gonna pay 600 dollars for that
Just remember when you are paying for "that" you're not just paying for your item which is what I'm thinking you're stuck on. You're paying for your finished product, along with a professional's time, expertise, equipment and attention to detail.

So, on a smaller scale. You could have your third cousin's baby momma's daddy do your oil change for $15 but you may end up with a cross threaded plug, trans fluid in your oil hole and a missing dipstick or you can take it to a shop where they have the tools and expertise necessary to do it right and guarantee their work for $30.

I'd rather pay the price and cry about it one time than pay a discount price and receive a discount outcome.

I understand there's things that go into it like tom experience and tooling but 600 bucks fir a partial build mind you ik im asking fir the hardest parts to do is not worth 600 dollars a gun at this point I may just sell the kits cause I might as well just buy a complete if its gonna cost just as much to build

Many shops aren’t willing to do a partial build, and I don’t blame them. I’ve seen it myself out of my shop.

Pro does a partial build. Novice takes it home and finishes it. Gun doesn’t run. Novice brings it back to the pro and blames his work.

A lot of professionals who are proud of their work want to control the entire process.

I've bought complete aks in the recent past for less than the asking for the build and not crap quality builds at that

I understand there's things that go into it like tom experience and tooling but 600 bucks fir a partial build mind you ik im asking fir the hardest parts to do is not worth 600 dollars a gun at this point I may just sell the kits cause I might as well just buy a complete if its gonna cost just as much to build

Your expectations are unreasonable.

Back
Top Bottom