• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loading some rounds while staying home

I load my 300bo subs with 208's over 10g imr4198. Very quiet and accurate in my SBR and 16". Never bothered to chrono them, just worked up until getting a supersonic crack then backed off a couple tenths.

I figured with nothing better to do. I picked up several pounds of Red Dot powder awhile back at an estate sale. I found a load for .38 Special. Load a few today and gave my new to me Redhawk 357 a try. Figured I would sort cases and deprime tomorrow. Anyone else self quarantining do any loading?
I will never have to reload 38&357 mag again in my lifetime. starting 9mm,then40,then454,45colt,45/70.Having fun.

Been doing same. Loaded up big batches of 300 win mag and 10 mm. Getting ready for 7 mag and 223. Got plenty of bullets but my primers are dropping down to less than 1000 now. Got another 1000 on order but truck didn’t run this week. Was supposed to have some RL17 on it too so I could load up a bunch more 6.5.

I'm finding that small pistol primers are damned near unobtainable right now. I'm down to 15K and getting nervous as hell. I loaded up 2.5k 9mm for PCC and speed steel shooting the past couple of weeks. I guess I can switch over to .223 loading for a while.

I'm finding that small pistol primers are damned near unobtainable right now. I'm down to 15K and getting nervous as hell. I loaded up 2.5k 9mm for PCC and speed steel shooting the past couple of weeks. I guess I can switch over to .223 loading for a while.

Not sure where you are located but there is a local guy to Canton(I think) that had 35,000 Remington 1 1/2's for sale last week. I bought 10k from him last saturday. I've got around 25k stocked up now. i usually shoot CCI but i've had no issues with the remington 1 1/2's.

I substitute SRP for SPP all the time when I run out.

By the way, this thread is worthless without pics.

loaded 2 .30cal ammo cans worth of 9mm since the craziness started. Should be good for when shooting match season opens up again.

SAM_1409.JPG

What do you have like five Dillons going at onetime?

Back
Top Bottom