• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Loading some rounds while staying home

Gordylew

Firefighter Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
189   0
Reaction score
I figured with nothing better to do. I picked up several pounds of Red Dot powder awhile back at an estate sale. I found a load for .38 Special. Load a few today and gave my new to me Redhawk 357 a try. Figured I would sort cases and deprime tomorrow. Anyone else self quarantining do any loading?

I been doing the same thing. Almost got all my brass deprimed and tumbled. Loaded 450 rounds of 9mm Monday and Tuesday. Planning on loading 45 cal. tomorrow.

As a matter of fact I have been doing a bit. I tried 2 different loads today.
.44 magnum hunting load and a general purpose .223 FMJ.
How were the red dot loads?

Pretty accurate so far. I was looking for something to waste like 5 pounds of this stuff on. I don’t load shotgun shells and didn’t want to use it to fertilize the flowers. At 3 grains a bullet I have a long way to go.

Pretty accurate so far. I was looking for something to waste like 5 pounds of this stuff on. I don’t load shotgun shells and didn’t want to use it to fertilize the flowers. At 3 grains a bullet I have a long way to go.

I Wonder how it would do as a sub sonic 300 BO powder?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16lbs of WC844 arrived on Monday, loading up a bunch of 223. Aiming for 4000 but we'll see if I get bored and switch to some casting and powder coating.....I need some 45acp pills made up.

Oh, this thread just reminded me, I stopped by Sporting Arms in Winterville yesterday to grab some primers. Plenty of everything in stock and great guys out there. Red Dot was available in 1 and 8lb jugs, the latter were I think $180. Awesome selection of powder on hand. If you're short of supplies it's worth a trip!

Back
Top Bottom