LISTENING TO A WHIP OR WILL

Also this reminds me of times as a kid camping out in a tent on the river with my family on all nite fishing trips.. couldn’t afford to satay in a motel but a tent was just awesome.. camp fire , Beenie weenie’s, hot dogs on a stick with loaf bread for a bun... never had a worry back then but I’m sure my mom did.. but I grew up to be a good man.. at least I think so anyways
I love satay.

I grew up in Kentucky and had heard Eastern Whip-Poor-Wills most of my younger life, but when I moved to Georgia I noticed that the call is slightly different. I think most of the calls we have here in Georgia is the "Chuck Wills Widow". Very similar, but slightly different.

Several years ago my wife and I were driving a side road in Rockmart, GA and saw a Chuck Wills Widow sitting in the middle of the road, just squawking away. Very cool birds either way, and the Chuck Wills Widow looked somewhat like Stealth airecaft.

Very cool critters. More info at Auduban site:

https://www.audubon.org/news/the-chuck-wills-widow-and-eastern-whip-poor-will#:~:text=Eastern%20Whip%2Dpoor%2Dwills%20breed,%2C%20pines%2C%20and%20swampy%20edges

I love satay.
beat me to it! soooooo good!

iu

Also this reminds me of times as a kid camping out in a tent on the river with my family on all nite fishing trips.. couldn’t afford to satay in a motel but a tent was just awesome.. camp fire , Beenie weenie’s, hot dogs on a stick with loaf bread for a bun... never had a worry back then but I’m sure my mom did.. but I grew up to be a good man.. at least I think so anyways
Lucky we used to eat Sh*t on the shingles by the river lol. Only old timers will remember that stuff. For the people who don’t know here’s a photo
F8E9ADA4-AB3A-4285-8A4F-B4316ED0E62E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom