• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Let's talk about lube

I dont see how your not tossing chains (oringed) with using wd40..it will swell and split the orings
Never swells have over 150k miles on this same method , many sport bike racers I tend to race with when I can afford it all do the same

Anything else tightens chains and cause friction thus slowing bike down

Grant it I do use once a week or after each long hard race

Btw my current bike has 19k stock chain always used wd40 only and still has plenty of life

Never swells have over 150k miles on this same method , many sport bike racers I tend to race with when I can afford it all do the same

Anything else tightens chains and cause friction thus slowing bike down

Grant it I do use once a week or after each long hard race

Btw my current bike has 19k stock chain always used wd40 only and still has plenty of life
hey man its your neck..manufactures recommend it for a reason..but if it works for you

Most all chain breaks are from bad links and or bad sprockets I never had one single chain come through the shop due to bad or swollen orings
I have had a couple failures and seen many working in a shop..mostly to owner negligence but as a drag racer, replacing a chain every two months with normal wear from street riding ..being honest you maybe saving lubing up every race but i just dont see chains lasting that long or your adjusting the chain more often for wear building more heat in the rollers if you are getting a notch after every couple of races your stretching the chain..

Most all chain breaks are from bad links and or bad sprockets I never had one single chain come through the shop due to bad or swollen orings
Oh rain failures will cause premature chain wire or will swell up and called a lot of drag and resistance.
Also heavy gear damage.

Back
Top Bottom