• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Let’s play the “What is it?” game!

YkMcnjhTDBpw0bW.mSa33w.jpg

I'm drawing a blank.

Looks like a rather unique take on a sidelock break-open shotgun where the hinge is in the back, behind the trigger guard, behind the entire action.
Rather than having the hinge and the pivot point a few inches forward of the firing pins.

Never seen or heard of a hinge in that area of a shotgun before, and a Google word search is not turning up anything.

I suspect it's a foreign made gun, inexpensive, and probably made in the middle 20th century.

Y'all are getting on the right track. It's not a firearm, but an airgun and not foreign made.

Okay, those clues did it. This is a Daisy model 104 --a double barrel SXS BB gun, whose propulsion was just like a regular Red Ryder or other low-powered sping-piston BB gun.

Although when your cock it by bending the stock down you would be cocking the pistons behind both barrels at the same time, so it did require a lot of force.

The model 104 was made in the 1930s, with a very low production numbers in the tens of thousands before it was discontinued.
Daisy re-introduced a very similar model (but a little bit more modern production methods) in the 1960s as the model 21.

78D04003-488F-4DBB-98DA-09ABF9C39345.jpeg

Okay, those clues did it. This is a Daisy model 104 --a double barrel SXS BB gun, whose propulsion was just like a regular Red Ryder or other low-powered sping-piston BB gun.

Although when your cock it by bending the stock down you would be cocking the pistons behind both barrels at the same time, so it did require a lot of force.

The model 104 was made in the 1930s, with a very low production numbers in the tens of thousands before it was discontinued.
Daisy re-introduced a very similar model (but a little bit more modern production methods) in the 1960s as the model 21.

View attachment 3758366
You got it. I was in the mood thinking of old vintage airguns. I believe the barrels of the 104 had 15 round tubes so you had 30 shots total. I didn't know about this bb gun until I started looking up vintage old airguns. You're up.

Back
Top Bottom