LEO Encounter

I'm through. As on the one other occassion that I've made a comment regarding law enforcement I've received a number of PMs telling me that doing so is like pissing up a rope because of many members outlook on law enforcement in general. I simply hope that no member of this forum blindly follows SOME of the advice I've seen offered here.It been my experience that in a court of law the Judge is not going to be impressed when you explain that Ralph,Frank or Bob from ODT told me what was legal. Good luck with that.

I'm through. As on the one other occassion that I've made a comment regarding law enforcement I've received a number of PMs telling me that doing so is like pissing up a rope because of many members outlook on law enforcement in general. I simply hope that no member of this forum blindly follows SOME of the advice I've seen offered here.It been my experience that in a court of law the Judge is not going to be impressed when you explain that Ralph,Frank or Bob from ODT told me what was legal. Good luck with that.

Depends on the hearing with the judge. Motion to suppress, dismiss, and hearings for violation of civil rights under color of law in federal court go very well when an LEO has overstepped. The tired old argument of "officer safety" has become a real thorn for the courts (or had a few years back) Mapp vs. Ohio, Terry vs. Ohio just to name a two have CLEARLY stated the extend of intrusion an officer can go on a lawful stop. Officer safety is important, when I was 10-8 it's what I took not consideration. But... If the offender you stop is not 1) armed or know to be armed AND 2) dangerous, then these do not apply. They can not do what you DON'T GIVE THEM PERMISSION to do. I in 10 years only once disarmed an individual lawfully carrying. He went to jail for stalking after a call about a suspicious person came in.

It's really quite simple. We all know the rules for lawful carry and follow the rules (I hope). LEO are under rules as well.

saggywagontrail.files.wordpress.com_2011_04_dont_let_the_door_4d5f1d6563a59c8b9e3eb2cd9c2109ec.jpg

Depends on the hearing with the judge. Motion to suppress, dismiss, and hearings for violation of civil rights under color of law in federal court go very well when an LEO has overstepped. The tired old argument of "officer safety" has become a real thorn for the courts (or had a few years back) Mapp vs. Ohio, Terry vs. Ohio just to name a two have CLEARLY stated the extend of intrusion an officer can go on a lawful stop. Officer safety is important, when I was 10-8 it's what I took not consideration. But... If the offender you stop is not 1) armed or know to be armed AND 2) dangerous, then these do not apply. They can not do what you DON'T GIVE THEM PERMISSION to do. I in 10 years only once disarmed an individual lawfully carrying. He went to jail for stalking after a call about a suspicious person came in.

It's really quite simple. We all know the rules for lawful carry and follow the rules (I hope). LEO are under rules as well.
:thumb:

THANKS Green Panther. Coming from an obvious sexual intellect such as yourself that means a lot.

If you desire to stay and engage in meaningful discussion, then great. I am sure you will have a decent audience to sit by and listen as you describe why it is ok to violate a citizen's civil rights.
If you want to take your ball and go home, fine. Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

bottom line is, you get to see my dl and carry permit. If that ain't good enough were just going to stand there till an officer with a ****ing clue arrives.

Back
Top Bottom