• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Learning to enjoy what Dad enjoyed!

That's great and looks delicious. Lost my Dad 2 years ago so you truly have my sympathy. Also, I LOVE to fire up the smoker and smoke pork, brisket, fish, chicken, and turkey and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Firing that thing up and smelling it just seems festive.

Thanks fellas...I wished I had watched him more closely and asked more questions when he was doing it. He made it look easy.
Lesson's to be learned for those of us who still have their fathers. Ask lot of questions. Brother it looks like you are picking up the torch and running with it. Prayers sent and good luck. Dont think you will need it, but it' there anyways.

That's great and looks delicious. Lost my Dad 2 years ago so you truly have my sympathy. Also, I LOVE to fire up the smoker and smoke pork, brisket, fish, chicken, and turkey and I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Firing that thing up and smelling it just seems festive.

I can see why dad enjoyed it so much. I am already hooked myself. Meat is getting expensive though. Could be a pricey hobby...not like golf or shooting though :)

Lesson's to be learned for those of us who still have their fathers. Ask lot of questions. Brother it looks like you are picking up the torch and running with it. Prayers sent and good luck. Dont think you will need it, but it' there anyways.

You're right about asking questions. Thank you for the encouragement and the prayers. I always stand in need of both.

^^^ THIS! The recipes I did NOT get from my mom or dad that I crave still today all these years later and have made countless FAILED attempts to re-create and just finally gave up ..... arrrgggh..... :dispirited:

^^^ THIS! The recipes I did NOT get from my mom or dad that I crave still today all these years later and have made countless FAILED attempts to re-create and just finally gave up ..... arrrgggh..... :dispirited:

Yep! Mom and I were talking tonight about my grandmother's spaghetti and salmon patties. We never can get it the way she did!

You have done a good job with that meat. Here is a tip if you are interested. Wrap two apples in alum. foil with a small chimney hole at the top and set it on the rack with the meat. The aroma of the apples will mingle with the wood and add to the flavor.

Hope your cooking is appreciated by those at the Christmas party tomorrow. Merry Christmas.

You have done your dad proud! I am teaching my son(13) how to cook and some of my recipes, that is some cool father son time..
One thing my wife's mom did that I thought was cool, is she made a family recipe cook book and gave it to her daughters one year for Christmas. There are generations of recipes in there.

You have done a good job with that meat. Here is a tip if you are interested. Wrap two apples in alum. foil with a small chimney hole at the top and set it on the rack with the meat. The aroma of the apples will mingle with the wood and add to the flavor.

Hope your cooking is appreciated by those at the Christmas party tomorrow. Merry Christmas.

Thanks for the tip! I did use applewood chips for the smoking. I could certainly tell it was there. I'll give it a try soon!

Back
Top Bottom