• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Learning to enjoy what Dad enjoyed!

Uwood52

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie
87   0
Reaction score
So this was my 3rd attempt at smoking meat. The first one was our Thanksgiving turkey that dad always did. He passed away on Nov 1 of this year so I am filling in. Dad loved his smoker and I am learning to enjoy it in his honor.

Today, I smoked a boston butt and a pork tenderloin for a Christmas lunch tomorrow after church.

Here are some pics of the progression:

Photo Dec 18, 12 22 19 PM.jpgPhoto Dec 20, 12 20 27 PM.jpgPhoto Dec 20, 5 18 46 PM.jpgPhoto Dec 20, 6 09 31 PM.jpgPhoto Dec 20, 6 31 58 PM.jpgPhoto Dec 20, 6 51 56 PM.jpg

Sorry about the loss of you Dad. I got to say man I looks like you are getting the smoking down, how does it taste?

Thanks! It's really good. Mom says its as good as dad's. His in my opinion is unmatched. It is really juicy though. My biggest issue is maintaining the coal after about 3 hrs. I haven't got that quite down yet.

Thanks! It's really good. Mom says its as good as dad's. His in my opinion is unmatched. It is really juicy though. My biggest issue is maintaining the coal after about 3 hrs. I haven't got that quite down yet.

That type of smoker is a challenge, no real way of regulating air flow for temp. Good job on making momma happy though!

Back
Top Bottom