• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Learning to enjoy what Dad enjoyed!

You have done your dad proud! I am teaching my son(13) how to cook and some of my recipes, that is some cool father son time..
One thing my wife's mom did that I thought was cool, is she made a family recipe cook book and gave it to her daughters one year for Christmas. There are generations of recipes in there.

That's an awesome idea! My oldest is only 6 right now, but I do plan to teach him in a few years. I get him to help me with carrying utensils now though.

Thanks fellas...I wished I had watched him more closely and asked more questions when he was doing it. He made it look easy.

I agree both my Mom & Dad made so many things look so easy, I didn't ask enough questions.
Sorry to hear about your Dad, it sure sounds like you had a good one.
In the service I heard so many stories about other guys Dad's and realized my Dad was a real blessing.

Just wanted to let you guys know...lunch was a great success! It all turned out really well and even reheating didn't dry it out!

Looks good.you surely look like you made your daddy proud....I've in case u can't get applewood that if you use Apple juice and keep the meat sprayed down with it that'll keep the meat moist &give good flavor...maybe one day I'll try that

Back
Top Bottom