• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lady with a PhD needs a job. Army vet.

You are absolutely right. From what I have seen most people that grind it out long enough to get multiple degrees and PHDs have no interest in digging ditches or throwing a new roof on a house, and the people tough enough to enjoy that kind of physical work have no real interest in investing the amount of time and money necessary for formal higher education.

Its the people stuck in-between that always feel like a fish out of water no matter what they do (me).

yep i know the type. my friend has a wife who is like this. he is the blue collar type who fixes cars for a living

Hope she finds something, but things in the job market aren't very good right now. I looked for 5 months after I closed my business, and had to settle for a job that I am way over qualified for, and for about 1/2 the money I was making before. Just tell her not to be picky, she may have to swallow some pride and take something for the sake of taking something just to be working.

Good luck to her.

I forwarded it to her, along with the story of how UPS used to start everyone in the torture house. If they didn't kill you off, you either got promoted, or turned into a super hero. If you made it to driving the big trucks you got issued a halo. If I didn't scare her off, she'll be looking in to it.

Back
Top Bottom