• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lady with a PhD needs a job. Army vet.

Retread

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
OK guys.
As I said, Army vet. Fresh ink on a PhD.
Having hard times right now, so help her out.
She's tough, not afraid to work.
Versatile, thinks on her feet.
Be good in an office or in the field.
Did I say she can handle a gun?
Classy, but tough enough to kick half your a....
Lives in Cobb County.

If interested, let me know and I'll forward your info.

And for the inevitable question, no it is not me.

Don't want to give out too much in public without her permission, but in general, management. She does have a part time teaching gig, but...

What exactly do you think will happen because of this post?

What income level do you expect her to be offered based on what you have told us?

Based on what you gave me, she did a few years in the military than spent a **** load of time slacking off in school. Has she ever had a real job?

Cool of you to offer to help.

If her PhD is in computer science (or similar) please PM me.

I'm sure some other basic things others will want to know are obviously what her undergrad and PhD are in as well as her previous experience - IE if "management" and military only was she commissioned? What classification/field? Maybe ask her if it's okay to share her public LinkedIn profile. If she doesn't have one, getting one set up ASAP is some valuable free advice you can provide her. :)

She worked for a living. :). I'll see if I can find out more specifics. I'm sure she has the bloodhounds out already, but I'll ask.

What income level do you expect her to be offered based on what you have told us?

Based on what you gave me, she did a few years in the military than spent a **** load of time slacking off in school. Has she ever had a real job?

Hey!! Ease up Pal!!! He just trying to help...DD

Either contribute in a positive manner, or don't waste anybody's time. If real can do people see opportunities, they often look in to things that may be mutually beneficial. With normal channels you have to weed through hundreds of losers and unmotivated people. References eliminate much of that.

2013 job market is no joke. if what I said makes her cry, then well...........

So, I guess you're the guy that is going to toughen this girl up and show her what it's like in the real world? You don't get a PHD by slacking off. Be nice, and if that's hard for you, try not to be such a dbag when someone else is trying to help someone out. Sorry you had a bad day, man.

Back
Top Bottom