• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Lady with a PhD needs a job. Army vet.

So, I guess you're the guy that is going to toughen this girl up and show her what it's like in the real world? You don't get a PHD by slacking off. Be nice, and if that's hard for you, try not to be such a dbag when someone else is trying to help someone out. Sorry you had a bad day, man.

he may not think that getting a phd is difficult work. it may not be physically difficult work, but it is academically arduous for some people. but then again i'm friends with a guy who's a life long academian. has 2 phds by the time he was 29. he's definitely the studious type and he makes it look easy. but give him physical labor and he folds like a deck of cards

he may not think that getting a phd is difficult work. it may not be physically difficult work, but it is academically arduous for some people. but then again i'm friends with a guy who's a life long academian. has 2 phds by the time he was 29. he's definitely the studious type and he makes it look easy. but give him physical labor and he folds like a deck of cards

Took me 9 yrs to get my Masters,,at 62 Been thinking about going for my PHD just cause I can, Being out so long it will take a couple of yrs and then figure out what I want to do my Theseus on..Not sure I want it bad enough..I wish her nothing but good fortune in her endeavor she deserves it.DD

Took me 9 yrs to get my Masters,,at 62 Been thinking about going for my PHD just cause I can, Being out so long it will take a couple of yrs and then figure out what I want to do my Theseus on..Not sure I want it bad enough..I wish her nothing but good fortune in her endeavor she deserves it.DD

hey no shame. some of us didn't take college seriously until our backs were against the walls. i dropped out of college twice due to the fact i wasn't motivated. took me 6 yrs to finish

You are absolutely right. From what I have seen most people that grind it out long enough to get multiple degrees and PHDs have no interest in digging ditches or throwing a new roof on a house, and the people tough enough to enjoy that kind of physical work have no real interest in investing the amount of time and money necessary for formal higher education.

Its the people stuck in-between that always feel like a fish out of water no matter what they do (me).

I've know PhD's that were tougher than most here, I would bet. Veteran and solid academics can go far, the folks here that are interested will contact you. Ignore the peanut gallery.

Good luck

Thanks for the support guys. I see ne'er do wells complain about how hard life is every day. They brag on the forums about how big they are, but never try to better themselves. They have given up before they even try to better themselves. Fortunately, this woman isn't that way. She just experienced a hurdle in life. She will get over it. Unfortunately, all the nay sayers here will continue on their paths to obscurity, bragging about the Glock they can't even afford ammo for. A little about her. Instead of wasting her time in the service, she went to classes. She got her bachelors, then went on to get two masters and a PhD all while working to support her family. Does she know how to work? A resounding yes. She has more woodworking skills than 95% of men. But I've said enough. If you are qualified and responsible enough to know the value of this opportunity, send me a PM. If not, Retread Out.

Thanks for the support guys. I see ne'er do wells complain about how hard life is every day. They brag on the forums about how big they are, but never try to better themselves. They have given up before they even try to better themselves. Fortunately, this woman isn't that way. She just experienced a hurdle in life. She will get over it. Unfortunately, all the nay sayers here will continue on their paths to obscurity, bragging about the Glock they can't even afford ammo for. A little about her. Instead of wasting her time in the service, she went to classes. She got her bachelors, then went on to get two masters and a PhD all while working to support her family. Does she know how to work? A resounding yes. She has more woodworking skills than 95% of men. But I've said enough. If you are qualified and responsible enough to know the value of this opportunity, send me a PM. If not, Retread Out.

Hey!! I'm pulling for her I did my time Good luck to her also DD

Back
Top Bottom