• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Kel-Tec PF9

Does it stick to clothing though?....On a side note I am going to order a new grip in black or OD and try and make a completely changed up design on it. Don't want to mess up the "Bilfold Brown" grip I have now, since as of now that color can not be ordered for replacement.

i have not noticed any sticking or issues otherwise.... I wear it in a uncle mikes iwb at the 7 o'clock position (left hander)

UPDATE:

After the last shooting run (about 150 rounds) I noticed when I got home to clean that one of the white dots had fallen out of the rear adjustable sight. I called kel-tec and they sent me 2 rear sights and 2 front sights... no questions asked besides "what do you need?" and "what is you name and address?" -- no cost to me

You really cant beat this company's customer service.

UPDATE:

After the last shooting run (about 150 rounds) I noticed when I got home to clean that one of the white dots had fallen out of the rear adjustable sight. I called kel-tec and they sent me 2 rear sights and 2 front sights... no questions asked besides "what do you need?" and "what is you name and address?" -- no cost to me

You really cant beat this company's customer service.

I have to second that!...My Pf9 started giving light primer hits, the lady didn't even hesitate she said "ok no problem, we will send out a new firing pin, the spring and screw to hold it down, whats your address?" It was here in two days!....

I have to second that!...My Pf9 started giving light primer hits, the lady didn't even hesitate she said "ok no problem, we will send out a new firing pin, the spring and screw to hold it down, whats your address?" It was here in two days!....

awesome... so question.. how many light primer hits per mag/box were you getting? I get a few but have found a thread on ktog about removing the FP and cleaning out the FP hole with a drill bit to remove any imperfections.

As my EDC gat... even one light strike is too much...

everyone says I should practice tap, rack, bang.... but I prefer bang, bang, bang.

awesome... so question.. how many light primer hits per mag/box were you getting? I get a few but have found a thread on ktog about removing the FP and cleaning out the FP hole with a drill bit to remove any imperfections.

As my EDC gat... even one light strike is too much...

everyone says I should practice tap, rack, bang.... but I prefer bang, bang, bang.

I would get one every 30 or so rounds, but this will be one of my carry pistols, therefore I will not accept any malfunction for atleast 200 rounds plus 50 of carry ammo before I carry it.........I did the drill bit too, before I reassymbled last night. Probably about to shoot it another 100-200 rounds according to how hot it is out here, unless it starts doing it again. I love this little pistol so I am willing to work with it some to get it running 100%....So far I put 250rounds through it, never a single ftf or fte....only the light primer strike which hopefully is now fixed.

Errr....Here is an update from me.... :/

Went out to test out the new firing pin and spring to see if that fixed the light strikes....Now it is giving 2-3 FTE a mag!!!! >:(

Took it apart and put it back together 5 times, There is no anything that should be causing the problem....Every thing is how it should be....Called them and they are shipping out a new Extractor, Extractor spring and screw..... I will re-update once I get it to test out again...

Ok since new extractor and spring have been installed it has ran 100% I just got in from shooting it. I now have a total of 650 rounds through it, of which the last 250 have been flawless...Talking to the lady on the phone, she said some do run 100% out of the box but most NEED that breakin period. And she said in reality the break in period is about 400 rounds not the 200 Kel-tec says...Which is right in line with mine, right around the 400 round count mark or so it has ran 100%....Love this little thing, and now that I have had a decent amount of trigger time on it, I am VERY accurate with it considering its small size. Out to about 20 yards I can make coke cans dance....lol

Ok since new extractor and spring have been installed it has ran 100% I just got in from shooting it. I now have a total of 650 rounds through it, of which the last 250 have been flawless...Talking to the lady on the phone, she said some do run 100% out of the box but most NEED that breakin period. And she said in reality the break in period is about 400 rounds not the 200 Kel-tec says...Which is right in line with mine, right around the 400 round count mark or so it has ran 100%....Love this little thing, and now that I have had a decent amount of trigger time on it, I am VERY accurate with it considering its small size. Out to about 20 yards I can make coke cans dance....lol

thanks for the follow up... i plan to get mine out again soon.. put at least another couple hundred rounds through it.

Back
Top Bottom