• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

KEEN boots anyone?

I have two pairs of the Pittsburgh model
And a pair of some other low top boots

i have to wear steel toes at job sites
And it’s hard to find steel toes in EEE

there’s a store in Lawrenceville or Duluth or somewhere that only has steel toe shoes , and they have a nice selection

but even when I’m not looking for steel toes , I just go right for the most expensive boots I can find in my size.

all
The cheap ones hurt my feet .

for non steel toes I wear timberland chocoura

get maybe a year or so from
A pair of the timberlands

longer from the keens but I don’t wear them everyday

He just started there as a "manager" last lime I hauled from there. That was in 2000-2001 I believe.

Yeah, there has been a lot of turnover there, on both the salary side and hourly side. It was heading downhill pretty fast when I decided to jump ship. I figure once old man Dellinger dies, they'll close up shop. The sister company (NRO) does pretty well, but CPC has been struggling for some time now.

Yeah, there has been a lot of turnover there, on both the salary side and hourly side. It was heading downhill pretty fast when I decided to jump ship. I figure once old man Dellinger dies, they'll close up shop. The sister company (NRO) does pretty well, but CPC has been struggling for some time now.
Dad "retired" from NRO, kinda. He back flipped one of the Tonka trucks when the undercut stockpile gave way.

Both companies are still open cause of what it would cost to close them down.

I have two pairs of the Pittsburgh model
And a pair of some other low top boots

i have to wear steel toes at job sites
And it’s hard to find steel toes in EEE

there’s a store in Lawrenceville or Duluth or somewhere that only has steel toe shoes , and they have a nice selection

but even when I’m not looking for steel toes , I just go right for the most expensive boots I can find in my size.

all
The cheap ones hurt my feet .

for non steel toes I wear timberland chocoura

get maybe a year or so from
A pair of the timberlands

longer from the keens but I don’t wear them everyday
That's me. $70 sketchers are comfy for 4-6 mos then they get trashed. The Merrell shoes usually last a year if I keep good insoles in em.

Dad "retired" from NRO, kinda. He back flipped one of the Tonka trucks when the undercut stockpile gave way.

Both companies are still open cause of what it would cost to close them down.
Ouch. CPC would be like the GE plant in Rome if I had to guess. No production but still have people in the offices and security at the gate because of the cost to come in and clean that property up. Before I left, we were getting Ore from China instead of from across 41 because it was cheaper than "buying" it from NRO. Of course it wrecked havoc on the kilns and equipment because it wasn't anywhere close to being as good as the local stuff, so it ended up costing more in the long run.

Back
Top Bottom