KEEN boots anyone?

Man I miss that school. We'd swing so high you could pull a semi truck under us then see who could fly out the farthest... it was blacktopped then. 3clicks_Off 3clicks_Off rounded the corner coming from the lunch room to the playground chasing Angie Cox I think and run slap into one if the yellow poles/bollards and knocked out his two front teeth...
Fun times on tater hill

I was actually chasing one of those red rubber dodgeballs down and as I cut in front of the ball to catch it, I looked back and ran into that bollard.
Broke both my front teeth off, lol.
I still miss my real front teeth as crowns just aren't the same.

Hahaha, I haul out of cpc from 96 till 01/02... usually I brought in the nitric acid and hauled everything yall mad out. AQ was always a challenge..
Did that place smell like “money” to you? First thang I said when me and Leldon Woodring stepped out the back of the shop was something vulgar about the smell. He said “Smells like money to me” lol.

Did that place smell like “money” to you? First thang I said when me and Leldon Woodring stepped out the back of the shop was something vulgar about the smell. He said “Smells like money to me” lol.
Back then I was one of em that thought it did...
Heck man, I made $25 pr hr when we had to be at a customer more than 2 hours.. I remember taking a load of AQ to a Hammer Mill paper plant in Erie PA, they had an issue with their tank and paid me to sleep for 49 hours. The utility manager brought me his truck keys and some fishing rods! I stayed at his house for 2 nights and his wife fed me. Good times back in the day..

Still have the pair of original made in England ox blood dr martens from my punk rock days in the late 80s and 90s got em used from a store in little 5 in 88 when I was 16. Still going. Haven’t worn them in years. But would probably hold up another 20 years.

Back then I was one of em that thought it did...
Heck man, I made $25 pr hr when we had to be at a customer more than 2 hours.. I remember taking a load of AQ to a Hammer Mill paper plant in Erie PA, they had an issue with their tank and paid me to sleep for 49 hours. The utility manager brought me his truck keys and some fishing rods! I stayed at his house for 2 nights and his wife fed me. Good times back in the day..
You can’t beat that!! It used to be a Great place to work until Phillips Magnavox among others dropped us. Even then, things were alright , until the best Human Resources manager anyone could wish for left and the “Buddy System” spiraled out of control. When Mr.D offered everyone their profit sharing, if they wanted to leave, they (most of the best) left lol. And took all their secrets and know how with’em. I’ve wondered how much it costs to hire 2-3 contractors to take the place of one loyal as can could be, under paid company maintenance man? But that’s all water under the bridge. Not a rant just history.

You can’t beat that!! It used to be a Great place to work until Phillips Magnavox among others dropped us. Even then, things were alright , until the best Human Resources manager anyone could wish for left and the “Buddy System” spiraled out of control. When Mr.D offered everyone their profit sharing, if they wanted to leave, they (most of the best) left lol. And took all their secrets and know how with’em. I’ve wondered how much it costs to hire 2-3 contractors to take the place of one loyal as can could be, under paid company maintenance man? But that’s all water under the bridge. Not a rant just history.
Flat screens almost killed CPC but it’d cost more to close up/clean up than to keep running.

I ran Chloride before I left in 2016. The coldest I have been was down there at CPC. I remember Don Gill having me and a couple others cleaning out from underneath the silicate scales with a sawed off shovel and 5 gallon buckets. Talking about stoved up for days after being on your hand and knees for 12 hours in the muck that was underneath them scales.

I ran Chloride before I left in 2016. The coldest I have been was down there at CPC. I remember Don Gill having me and a couple others cleaning out from underneath the silicate scales with a sawed off shovel and 5 gallon buckets. Talking about stoved up for days after being on your hand and knees for 12 hours in the muck that was underneath them scales.
Was David cruise still there?

Back
Top Bottom