• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

KEEN boots anyone?

Them Twisted X look good, but I’ve already heard terrible things about them?
I wear the twisted x pull on and they're comfortable, composite toe too These are actual work boots. some folke know nothing about those kind.

I'm a big hiker with my giant German Shepherds, and wore out a pair of keens in one year. They pretty much separated upper from sole. Like I said, maybe I'm just harder than most on boots, YMMV. Went with Oboz and two years in still going strong.

My Old lowa’s are still going 18 years
First I’ve ever heard of these. They sure look like good boots, and shoes. I will be checking into those.
I'm a big hiker with my giant German Shepherds, and wore out a pair of keens in one year. They pretty much separated upper from sole. Like I said, maybe I'm just harder than most on boots, YMMV. Went with Oboz and two years in still going strong.
These too!! Nice. I hit the jackpot with this thread. Thanks Fellas!!!!

Only pair of Keens I tried fell apart in short order. I get a few years out of Merrell for hiking boots/shoes with regular use. For "work" and general wear type boots I have a pair of leather Timberland that are at least 10 years old. I've replaced the insoles a couple of times. Just make sure they're actual leather and not a synthetic, and that the insoles are not glued in.

I had good luck with Keens but they didn't last as long as I would have liked. I am very hard on boots. Went a step up to Redwing but use keen inserts in them. Good boots. If I have to go a step up again I'm just going to get a custom pair of Nick's.

Mink oil is your friend if your boots are not suede. It will darken the leather some but for the good in my experience.

You gotta take care of good boots if you want them to take care of you. Every week I clean, condition and reapply water proofing. Currently breaking in an extra pair of Redwing boots. They have the new fancy wind up lace system. BOA it's called. I was on the fence about it. Especially at the price point of the boots. But it's awesome.

I wear the twisted x pull on and they're comfortable, composite toe too These are actual work boots. some folke know nothing about those kind.
First time seeing that model. Looking good.

Mink oil is your friend if your boots are not suede. It will darken the leather some but for the good in my experience.

I clean mine and use the same conditioner I use on my leather belts. I think what I'm using now is Daltech Gold. Which reminds me, I need to order some.

Back
Top Bottom